atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: 4mrbellguy cell phone connect - 07/28/06 08:30 PM
have a customer with just a basic acs r6.0, no VM, conneced to 3 analog co lines. He would like calls forwarded to his cell on the days he is closed. Is this possible without a t1 module? Thanks for any help, this site is great!
Posted By: EV607797 Re: cell phone connect - 07/28/06 09:23 PM
Sure! NO need for anything special, in fact the system doesn't even have to do it. My suggestion would be to have the customer order "Ultra Forwarding" from their local service provider. This will allow them to call to an access number from anywhere and direct the office line(s) to any other number in the world. Bear in mind that different telcos have various names for this feature.

The advantage is that the voice quality will be perfect using this feature since the central office simply bounces the call elsewhere. The downside is that there is a monthly charge for the feature. My feeling is that the monthly charge is a small price to pay for the level of flexibility, especially since it can be accessed from anywhere at anytime. Think about bad weather days. No need to go to the office to turn on forwarding.
Posted By: BW Telecom Re: cell phone connect - 07/28/06 10:27 PM
With an ACS 6.0, you can use remote call forward if they don't want to use the local telco. You have to enable an extension that those lines ring on, assign a button the same extension, and set up the cellphone # in the personal speed dial list. It does tie up 2 lines, 1 in, 1 out, but if this is when he is closed it should be no problem.
Posted By: hbiss Re: cell phone connect - 07/29/06 07:26 AM
BW, you have to have VM system in order to do RCF. Only calls transferred to an extension with RCF set up will forward. I suppose that could be done by someone answering the phone and manually transfering the call, but I suspect that no one is going to do that if they are closed.

I agree with Ed. Set up call forwarding through your service provider then forward the lines when you are closed.

-Hal
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: cell phone connect - 07/29/06 09:18 AM
Hal, you CAN do RCF without an Auto Attendant. Assign the RCF extension as the Call Cover Extension in #208, make sure the lines ring on the set, and then forward it.

But in this application, regular or remote accessable varible call forwarding from the telco is a MUCH better solution.
Posted By: hbiss Re: cell phone connect - 07/29/06 11:30 AM
Yup, I do remember that now, thanks Tommy. Problem with RCF and conferencing on most systems is that voice quality suffers and that can be especially problematic when calls are from cell phones. That's why call forwarding from your telco is much better.

-Hal
Posted By: 4mrbellguy Re: cell phone connect - 08/01/06 05:00 PM
Thanks guys, I had him use the telco with their ultra forwarding.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help