atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Steven B SPM on Windows XP - 01/11/07 08:25 AM
I am in need of some help. I recently lost my copy of DOS-SPM. With the laptop my company has given me, i am having trouble with WinSPM (Modem connect DELAY). I am trying to locate a copy of the DOS version. Could anybody help me with this issue.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: SPM on Windows XP - 01/11/07 09:55 AM
Have you tried avaya.com? I know you can download SPM there. But not sure about a DOS version.
Posted By: Steven B Re: SPM on Windows XP - 01/12/07 01:20 PM
I sure did. The only thing I am able to find there is WinSPM. I called Avaya, and they said I needed to try and get it from a partner or outside sourse. On top of that, i can not get my WinSPM to click the modem over. Just sits there, and then says (No Carrier Detected)
Posted By: Dvader Re: SPM on Windows XP - 01/12/07 03:49 PM
I have a copy of Dos-spm 4.25 laying around....
You never said what OS your laptop is...WinSPM
has issues with non-lucent modems.
PM your email address...I'll send you a copy.
Posted By: Dvader Re: SPM on Windows XP - 01/12/07 03:51 PM
Sorry, I didn't read the forum topic....still with XP..WinSPM R9 works the best.
Posted By: merlinman Re: SPM on Windows XP - 01/12/07 03:52 PM
It sounds like you need to make sure you set your modem up correctly.

You can do that by choosing: SETTINGS > Configure Tapi.

It will walk you through it with good examples.
Posted By: Steven B Re: SPM on Windows XP - 01/15/07 06:49 AM
Well I have tried everything i can with WINSPM 9. Still will not activate the modem. I know that the modem is good, i tested it by dialing out. I installed Dos-SPM (Version ??) and that will not activate the modem as well. My modem is on COM-3 and the software is configed for that. I launch the program. Press enter, then type atx1d, nothing happens. I just wonder if it has something to do with the way my companys NT person sets up the computer. I am at a loss here.
Posted By: Dvader Re: SPM on Windows XP - 01/15/07 09:17 AM
Steven B..left you a PM...its still about the type of modem....Lucent\Agere work the best.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help