atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: fuzzylogic_y2k IP Office Voicemail Password Issue - 01/16/07 05:01 PM
I have tried everything I can think of to change one extensions voice mail password. I have done in the manager, changed the extension name, deleted the voicemail folder, and I still cant access the box. The code I am using matches the one in the config file.
This is really starting to frustrate me, please help.

Respectfully,
Andy
Posted By: The phone Man Re: IP Office Voicemail Password Issue - 01/16/07 05:11 PM
Andy,

What type of system is it please let me know because I just finished an issue like that.
Posted By: mforrence Re: IP Office Voicemail Password Issue - 01/16/07 05:43 PM
First - make sure you're using the correct version of Manager - it MUST be same version of IP Office or Newer (not older). If Manager is correct then try, look carefully at User name in Manager - make sure that there is no extra space after name. If OK, try this:
1. Delete the user in Manger. Save and reboot.
2. Delete the user's folder in Voicemail Pro "accounts" folder
3. Re-create user in Manager. Make sure name is unique. Save and reboot.
Good luck
Mike
Mike I have tried your method and I still cant get into the box. Is there an admin code that I can enter at the prompt?
Posted By: mforrence Re: IP Office Voicemail Password Issue - 01/17/07 09:15 AM
There is no admin code. Is this Voicemail Pro?
Mike
Yes it is. There is one odd thing though. The extention is at a remote site. Is there a lock that prevents me from connecting for the first time if I am not at the site?
I can connect to other Boxes that have been setup, but none that have not been.
Posted By: gkar Re: IP Office Voicemail Password Issue - 01/17/07 06:36 PM
You have to set the password from the phone to initalize the mail box before you can acces it from offsite.
Posted By: mforrence Re: IP Office Voicemail Password Issue - 01/18/07 04:15 AM
Try to access the mailbox from the main site. If the phone is otherwise functional at the remote site, voicemail access should also be functional.
Mike
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help