atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have a partner acs that has 4 lines on it and vm. I am having trouble with fwd lines to vm when the ext is busy. Each line has ext ownership for direct ext dialing but it is causing problems with vm. All 4 lines are in hunt so when line one is busy it rolls to line 2 and if line 2 does not answer it goes to line 2's vm box which was meant for line one's owner.
Should I just route all calls to an auto att and let people select from there?
I just can't think of a way to make this private line thing work.
Yes you would be better off to let the AA answer the calls.

The only other option would be to take you lines out of hunt through the service provider. But I think the AA would be better for you.
Having the auto attendent answer and route the calls is the only way unless you want to get rid of the hunting.

-Hal
Thats what I thought, thanks guys.
I had the same setup with a couple of my customer's, They had three or four differnt company's, so each company ( extenison ) had two lines in a hunt group, so if they where on one line and got a call on the second line, check c.i. to see if you want to pick it up or let it go to v.m. ( had the v.m. pc card large, but you can do it on the small also ) or go the a.a. way as mike & hal said
This sounds like my setup (the line was set to go to an extension and to that extension's VM if no answer...but it was not in a hunt group).
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help