atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MichaelV Legend analog port problem - 04/10/07 09:38 AM
I have a customer w/an old Legend system (rel. 2 processor) that is having a problem with their analog ports. Just about every other time you go off hook and try to dial you can't break dial tone. They have 3 12port cards in the system and all of them are doing it, every port. Was thinking of just going into maintenance and resetting/busy-out/restore each card. Other option obviously is to just cold start the whole switch, but I absolutely hate doing that on such an old system. Any thoughts?
Posted By: Rhonda Re: Legend analog port problem - 04/10/07 10:22 AM
I would busyout and release a port board. Seems funny though that all three would act up. It may need a full reboot.

Let's see what the veterans in the site suggest before doing that.
Posted By: fone32 Re: Legend analog port problem - 04/10/07 11:45 AM
MichaelV,

Does this happen when you connect a butt set directly ???

Try doing a board renumber (not system)
What happens when you dial ext on those boards???
Yes try disabling the card and reenable.

-D
Posted By: Dvader Re: Legend analog port problem - 04/10/07 01:02 PM
maybe the power supply is going bad..does this
system a 4x0 TTR card ?
Posted By: ttech Re: Legend analog port problem - 04/10/07 04:10 PM
You most likely have a bad TTR in the system . They are a shared resource in the system once the bad one come up to be used again the system will not recognize touch tones until you hang up and make another call. If you have 2 TTRs in the system every other analog call would do as yours does.
In some cases of a bad TTR, once the bad one is being used the system does not even "know" you are dialing because you are dialing to deaf "ears" (TTRs)

Do a TTR Test With 3 - 012 cards you should have at least six. Sounds like a bunch are bad
Posted By: merlinman Re: Legend analog port problem - 04/10/07 08:22 PM
MichaelV - If I was still a Tier 3 Engineer, I would prescribe the following:

1 - Power Down and back up.

2 - Do a BOARD RENUMBER

3 - Test Each and Every Touch Tone Receiver.

If 1 or 2 doesn't fix it, you will at least be able to determine your problem with 3.
Posted By: MichaelV Re: Legend analog port problem - 04/11/07 09:15 AM
Thanks for the responses! Yes, I used a buttset directly connected to test the ports. So there are 2 TTR's on each 012 board? Well, I think it would be way out of the ordinary for 3 TTR's on 3 012 boards to go bad at the same time, assuming each card uses its own TTR's first, could be wrong there. It sounds like I'm going to have to try the cold restart. Also, does the switch have to be completely idle for the board renumber?
Posted By: ttech Re: Legend analog port problem - 04/11/07 03:07 PM
It is a shared resource. The cards have to preference to which one it uses. They are all used equally.
Posted By: MichaelV Re: Legend analog port problem - 04/11/07 04:09 PM
OK, if its a shared resource, how do I go about testing the TTR's to determine which ones are bad? Assuming a reboot and renumber doesn't work.
Posted By: 392 Re: Legend analog port problem - 04/11/07 04:45 PM
Pickup a single line handset attached to a 012 or 016 module, dial *04 and the TTR you want to test (01, 02, 03, etc).

You'll get a busy if it's in use, reorder if you misdialed or specified a TTR that's not in your system. If you hear reorder, try again.

A good test will begin with a couple seconds of silence, followed by dial tone. Dial 0123456789*0#. You should hear a beep for every digit, 3 beeps when you complete the dial string of 12 digits.
Posted By: rich30529 Re: Legend analog port problem - 04/11/07 05:28 PM
Originally posted by 392:
Dial 0123456789*0#. You should hear a beep for every digit, 3 beeps when you complete the dial string of 12 digits.
That is 13 digits laugh Shouldn't it be 123456789*0#?
Posted By: MichaelV Re: Legend analog port problem - 04/13/07 10:56 PM
Thanks for the help people. Cold restart took care of it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help