atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Rhonda Message Waiting Light Question - 04/16/07 12:07 PM
I'm wondering if someone can confirm the following for me?

I have a Definity G3si v. 11 switch and a Definity Audix v. 3.2.

I have a secretary who's boss has been let go. The secretary is at x6204. The old boss's extension is x6203. A new boss has been hired and has been given x6201. All parties are/were using 8410D sets.

I have set up x6203 with an X port and left the voicemail in place (for 30 days to capture callers for the old boss). I put a aut-msg-wt x6203 button on the secretaries phone to see when the old boss gets a message. The problem starts here because the message waiting light will not light up for x6203 on the programmed button on x6204. My thoughts are because x6203 is a ghost extension and not a ported extension?

I know that I can go into Audix and look at the activity log but I am wondering if I am correct in my thinking that the phone mailbox will not light up on a designated 8410D phone because the origninal line has an x port.

Any/all comments appreciated. Thanks, Rhonda
Posted By: Rhonda Re: Message Waiting Light Question - 04/16/07 02:22 PM
It appears that voicemail was just slow to find the secretaries phone. The function I programmed is now working and I no long feel like the cobwebs had gotten in the way of what I thought I was doing.

No further assistance needed. Thanks, Rhonda
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help