atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Joe Brez HDD Replacements and Hunt Group Problem - 06/12/07 07:44 AM
We had made a Ghost image of our Intuity Audix (version 4.4 w\ CLAN) in the event of a HDD failure. Well, it happened (HDD failed), and we pushed a Ghost image to a new HDD. Now, the new drive was not an Avaya drive, but a Compaq of the same MFR and Model.
After the image restore, the system booted normally and all data was intact. However, now when you dial the Hunt Group from the PBX (Which is set to "Audix") you get a busy signal. Change the System Parameters to anything other than "audix", and it just rings.

Is there anything on the original Avaya drive that would not be Imaged, and prevent the system from working properly?
Posted By: dtmf Re: HDD Replacements and Hunt Group Problem - 06/12/07 08:20 AM
I'm guessing the translation file is missing. It's always best to get a drive from the manufacture with the software loaded and ready to go.
Posted By: Joe Brez Re: HDD Replacements and Hunt Group Problem - 06/12/07 08:54 AM
Other than re-installation, is there any way to recover/recreate the translation file?
Posted By: Joe Brez Re: HDD Replacements and Hunt Group Problem - 06/12/07 08:57 AM
I have two other similar systems on other locations, can I grab a Tranlation file and modify it for the recovered system?
Posted By: dtmf Re: HDD Replacements and Hunt Group Problem - 06/12/07 09:00 AM
You can try it,I have yet to see one that worked right doing it that way personaly I would just buy a replacement or try and get the software and load it.

I wish you luck
Posted By: liquidvw Re: HDD Replacements and Hunt Group Problem - 06/12/07 09:46 AM
Your ghost image is probably no good.

If this were me, I would get a new HD from Avaya or an Avaya Business partner. Install it and boot the audix from floopy then install the software via cd. Once the audix is running restore from your backup tape.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help