atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Silversam AT&T 8510/8520 ISDN Sets - 07/11/07 03:13 PM
Does anyone out there have any familiarity with AT&Ts ISDN 81510 or 8520 sets. I've got half a dozen (out of 4000 or so) that are constantly resetting (mostly overnight).

You leave at 17:00 and your phone is OK. Come in at 08:00 and your phone is dead. Unplug it, replug it and it comes up fine.

I'ver tried all the usual stuff and haven't found anything yet. All the replacement sets I have are old (8-10 years) & used. Before I start wholesale replacement of phones with Tone Commander 6210/20 sets, I'd like to know if anyone has seen this sort of thing before.

TIA,

Sam
Posted By: DayTech Re: AT&T 8510/8520 ISDN Sets - 07/16/07 08:13 PM
I've had a couple customers that had 8510 sets installed. One never had a bit of trouble from them, the other I'd cringe every time I had to unplug them. Sometimes they would not come back after unplugging them until I would busy out and rel the port and station. Once they were working, they worked fine.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: AT&T 8510/8520 ISDN Sets - 07/16/07 08:46 PM
Tone Commander sets really are the way to go, but I understand your position. I have a similarly-sized customer who insisted that I come up with a better solution. I found a refurbishing company that literally makes them good as new and their price is right. In some cases, I was amazed. Send me a PM if you are interested and I'll get you their contact information. You won't be disappointed.
Posted By: Silversam Re: AT&T 8510/8520 ISDN Sets - 07/17/07 04:54 AM
Daytech - Thanks! That's been my experience - Some are fine and some lock up everyday. I've been replacing the problem ones with Tone Commanders and the problem seems to have gone away.

Ed - Thanks for the offer, but the customer (The City of NY) has just decided (Friday)to go with new Tone Commanders rather than refurbed AT&Ts.

So it looks like I've got a way to go for now.

Thanks all!

Sam
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help