atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: NSI TECH Partner R6 Remote Admin Password - 07/13/07 06:43 AM
Why do I loose the Remote Administration Password after a local Admin sessiom? I set it, fire up the PC admin software, log in, do some mods, save, send mods to card, restart the sys with the new mods. Then if I try to go back into the PC admin again, it won't recognize my password until I go back in to sys prog and set it again. Seems would be kinda pointless for real Remote access. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance
JEB
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Partner R6 Remote Admin Password - 07/13/07 07:05 AM
Did you do a back-up after setting up the password?
Set a password, download THOSE translations, modify and save them, then upload and restore.

If you start with a clean slate, there is no password, and no way to set it from the software.

If you do many systems from scratch, take a completly defaulted processor, program the password, download and save that blank translation, then always use that as your blank start point.
Posted By: NSI TECH Re: Partner R6 Remote Admin Password - 07/13/07 10:03 AM
Originally posted by NSI TECH:
Why do I loose the Remote Administration Password after a local Admin sessiom? I set it, fire up the PC admin software, log in, do some mods, save, send mods to card, restart the sys with the new mods. Then if I try to go back into the PC admin again, it won't recognize my password until I go back in to sys prog and set it again. Seems would be kinda pointless for real Remote access. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance
JEB
Posted By: NSI TECH Re: Partner R6 Remote Admin Password - 07/13/07 10:04 AM
Thanks Tommy - don't know why I didn't think of that.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help