atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: cctech ACS and VM sub menu questions - 08/01/07 02:59 PM
Hi guys. i have a customer who has a acs 5.0 and he wants to add a voicemail.
1. he wants some lines to ring with a unique tone, and if not answered then go to a message other than the main greeting. (4 companies sharing a system and vm)but he wants all exts to be able to answer all lines. can you have 8 different tones ringing at all exts but be answered differently by the vm if not picked up by an ext user.

2. is there a directory function. can you dial 3 for directory and after hearing the directory choice dial the ext directly and be transferred.
3. can you dial 4 for information about a product then dial 5 from that message to another message.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: ACS and VM sub menu questions - 08/01/07 03:43 PM
#1 yes,.........you can have 9 different ring tones. But most of them sound very close to each other.
#2 and 3........yes but you will need the Partner Messaging and not the PC card mail. And the directory access would be *2.
Posted By: hbiss Re: ACS and VM sub menu questions - 08/01/07 03:49 PM
1) There are 8 different ring tones on the ACS, problem is only about 3 are different enough to be useful. I think what your customer is asking is a bit ridiculous. They need to pay attention to what line is ringing by looking at the phone. For 4 companies you need the Partner Messaging.

2) Dial by name directory- yes.

3) No but you could set up a sub menu of the main and have it play the information about the first product then prompt for an announcement for the second product. Or you could continue cascading sub menus almost forever- 99 anyway.

-Hal
Posted By: cctech Re: ACS and VM sub menu questions - 08/01/07 03:55 PM
so with partner messaging line one can ring all exts but play a different greeting than line 2,and line 2 play a different greeting than line 3 etc. etc. how many lines can be set up to play different greetings at one time. also can these greetings all have sub menus. 1 for ext, 2 for announcement, 3 for return to main menu etc. also does the messaging require a license card, and if so exactly what does the license card do or provide. thanks
Posted By: mdaniel Re: ACS and VM sub menu questions - 08/01/07 03:56 PM
My bad.............yes there are only 8 ring tones. I forgot if it was 8 or 9.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: ACS and VM sub menu questions - 08/01/07 03:59 PM
It sounds like you are asking for "How many AA's are on a Partner Messaging". If so there are 4.

And yes you do need a license card for the VM ports.
Posted By: cctech Re: ACS and VM sub menu questions - 08/01/07 04:42 PM
ok, so if there are 4 AA's can they all function at the same time and give you different menu options. can AA 1 answer lines 1&2, AA2 answer lines 3&4 AA3 answer lines 4&5 etc. also can the number of rings be different. aa1 4 rings before answering, aa2 6 rings before answering etc.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: ACS and VM sub menu questions - 08/01/07 04:46 PM
Yes

Have you ever installed a Partner Messaging?
Posted By: cctech Re: ACS and VM sub menu questions - 08/01/07 05:01 PM
i have never installed the partner messaging. i have done the pc card and the vs mail r5. but i don't think that they will allow the different AA's on specific lines, a dial by name directory and a well defined sub menu selection.
Posted By: hbiss Re: ACS and VM sub menu questions - 08/01/07 05:15 PM
If you did a Mail VS R5 you should know that it has 4 AAs also. I suggest that you study the Partner Messaging R7 documentation rather than continuing this question and answer session in a public forum.

-Hal
Posted By: mdaniel Re: ACS and VM sub menu questions - 08/01/07 05:34 PM
What Hal said.
Posted By: cctech Re: ACS and VM sub menu questions - 08/01/07 06:42 PM
thanks for the input guys. the advice to study the manual could be the answer to every question. and if so why would we need a forum. most of the things you want to know are not explained in plain english anyway. if i offended anyone by my many questions i sincerely apologize. thanks again for all your help.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: ACS and VM sub menu questions - 08/01/07 07:19 PM
No, I don't think you offended anyone. Or not me anyway.
But some of the questions you are asking is beyond what is in the user end doc's.
If you need additional help with this project I would PM someone on the board for additional help.
Posted By: cctech Re: ACS and VM sub menu questions - 08/01/07 08:25 PM
thanks again. i was really just trying to get clear on the capabilities before i suggested a particular VM to the customer.
Posted By: vad60 Re: ACS and VM sub menu questions - 08/01/07 10:34 PM
YES you can have different lines have a different AA Greetings but only 4. YES you can have different lines unswered by dedicated AA after different number of rings. Yes you can have as many as 99 sub-manues and have selectors codes act differently in each AA. You can dial from sub-manue directly without dialing *8 like it was required in VS VM. YES you can have 8 different rings Patterns but choices are poor. Also you can have each line goes directly to personal mail box if there is no Answer and leave a Message or dial personal Operator assigned to that owner.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help