atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jgreco legend system - 08/07/07 09:21 AM
Guys thanks for letting me register on this forum.I am a repair tech in north west ga. I have been doing key systerms and pbx work for about 15 yeasrs. I am stuck on this one. We have a buisness that has a legend at their main branch that act as the master then we have 2 other branches that tie to this one. We just installed another branch which ties back to one of the slaves.THIS is were we are having the issue at the slave/master know is taking around 700 slips a minute.My question is could the main branch clocking and the new branches clocking be conflicting with one another? Just to let ya'll know what has been done already we have rolled the dcd100 cards and have had our central office tech take his sunset meter out and verify that it wasnt comming from their end or from the new branch's end. We have talked to the other service provider on the pri to make sure they had all their settings correct. these systems are working as far as 3 digit dialing and data is passing but their data is running like dial up speed. Thanks once again sorry for the spelling I was trying to get this typed quickly.
Posted By: jgreco Re: legend system - 08/07/07 10:13 AM
sorry for posting this wrong
Posted By: hbiss Re: legend system - 08/07/07 10:55 AM
Welcome to the forum! Just a reminder- we appreciate proper spelling and punctuation here. I would also suggest that you turn off your caps. We don't need to be yelled at.

You can go back and edit your post just click on the pencil and paper icon.

-Hal
Posted By: Station Specialties Re: legend system - 08/07/07 04:55 PM
Posters comment was not appropriate to this forum.
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Re: legend system - 08/07/07 10:02 PM
Do I understand you correctly? You've got a host PBX, which is a Legend. Two remote Legend/Magix are clocking off this host. Then (this is where I might be wrong), it sounds like a fourth PBX gets involved. This fourth PBX is slaved off of one of the two pre-existing "remote" PBXs. Am I right?

Surprisingly, there's a very clearly written document from Avaya about this very arrangement. You can find it in their Network Reference manual.

Write back and confirm the details about this new node and I'll spell out the clocking settings as plainly as I can.
Posted By: jgreco Re: legend system - 08/08/07 05:34 AM
You are right about the 4th pbx being slaved off one of the other slaves. Since I wrote last I have tried changing the local/ loop settings on these switches this had know change. To clarify the master at the maine branch is set to local and the rest of the switches are set to loop. I have talked to another tech and he said it's possiable that it could be the back plain since we have replaced the dcd100 card and even rolled them. Thanks for replying any sugestions is appriciated.Joe
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Re: legend system - 08/08/07 08:21 AM
Does the host or any remote have a T1 or PRI? By that I mean service that's not related to the PBX-to-PBX links. Ideally, the primary synchronization source should come from the PSTN...preferably a digital circuit.

Good technical information on clocking can be found on Pages 5-6 through 5-8 (Adobe Acrobat pages 202 to 204) in https://support.avaya.com/edoc/docs/legend/leg61nr1.pdf.

In rereading your post, I noticed that you mentioned something about the data running at dialup speed. Are you splitting the voice and data at the new site? If so, is this data piece coming from one of the hosted sites?
Posted By: jgreco Re: legend system - 08/08/07 11:06 AM
Thanks for replying. The host or master at the main branch has 2 pri one is for a off site data monitoring company and the other is gonig to a slave site 15 miles away transporting their data and voice. the other salve site is acting like a master/slave it recieves it's data and voice over a fiber connection through a point to point then we seperate the data by using R.A.D boxes known as fiber optic modems that splits the data before it get to the phone system. These buildings are aproximently 1000' from each other. So this slave/master know recieves from the main branch and also sends and recieves from the new branch that we just installed a month ago. this new branch is aprox 25-30 miles away and it send it's data and voice traffic over a pri but both data and voice goes through the dcd100 card then we are using a v.35 cable to connect the data to their switchs. sorry for the long post. Joe
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help