atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jjimm Door Contact Closure - 08/11/07 10:46 AM
I'm not sure where to post this one-is this a Partner issue or just an Single Line? Customer is moving into a multi-office building where everyone has access to a building door opening box. Someone comes to the door, dials a code like *8 for access to the office they want. The phone rings in the officeon all phones and any user can buzz them in by pressing 9 on their phone.

Customer has a Partner system rel 6.1, but I don't know if this requires the Partner' door contact closure programming or not. Customer says it is connected to line 1 which rings on all phones, and anyone can answer and press 9 for entry.

So, should I connect the first line directly to the building system, or use a speed dial button, or connect to the Partner system and program it (F41)for contact closure?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Door Contact Closure - 08/11/07 11:46 AM
From your description, it sounds like the building has some type of door phone that has its own line, the visitior punches in a code for the business they want to visit, and the door phone makes a call to a speed dial number associated with the code that was punched in. When the call is answered, they can dial a touch tone code to activate the door strike.

So, you (or your customer) would contact building management, and get their number added to the directory.
Posted By: jjimm Re: Door Contact Closure - 08/11/07 03:40 PM
It sounds like I don't have to do anything except cross my fingers.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help