atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Mars Partner/Cordless phone - 08/14/07 12:26 PM
I know that if I hook up a standard cordless phone I can use the hook flash to transfer the call. If I purchase a corless phone that has a hold key. Will the customer be able to put the call on hold and pick it up on a system extension?
Posted By: hbiss Re: Partner/Cordless phone - 08/14/07 01:50 PM
A cordless IS a standard phone. Answer is no, the hold button will only keep serve to keep that extension off hook. You can pick up the call from any other phone as in a conference but you will not be able to release the cordless unless you are at that phone and take it off hold.

-Hal
Posted By: SoCal Rob Re: Partner/Cordless phone - 08/14/07 02:20 PM
Assuming that it is a newer ACS (not sure about anything before ACS R3) configured as a key system (not pooled/hybrid):
The cordless user can perform a hook flash to place the call on hold. Any other phone that can access that line can then grab the call. Just don't hang up the cordless until someone else takes the call or it will ring back to the cordless.

I just checked the manual for ACS R7 and it says this:
Using Hold on a Single-Line Telephone

Follow these instructions to place and retrieve a call on hold on a system telephone:
To place a call on hold, press the switchhook down once rapidly.

You hear intercom dial tone. The call is on hold. (Do not hang up the handset while the call is on hold. If you hang up the handset, the telephone rings. Lifting the handset reconnects you to the held call.)

To retrieve a call that you put on hold:
1. Hang up.
The call “rings back.”
2. Lift the handset.
You are reconnected to the held call.

I hope that helps.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Partner/Cordless phone - 08/14/07 04:31 PM
Park and Pickup.

While on a call, press Flash, then dial your OWN extension number, then hang up (press off, or talk, or whatever)

To retreive the call, if you don't know which flashing line is the correct one, press Intercom, dial 6 and the extension number that parked the call.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help