atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Lady Tech Radio Signals - 08/14/07 03:58 PM
I have a client with a Merlin Magix. I am looking for a good solution to radio signals interfering with the voicemail. A problem is only created when retrieving messages. You can hear radio playing in the back ground. I am going to put a filter on the lines unless there might be a better solution.
Thanks
Posted By: hbiss Re: Radio Signals - 08/14/07 05:07 PM
Two questions:

1) The radio station isn't heard during normal calls?

2) Is the radio station actually recorded with the message or is it just being picked up when a message is retrieved?

-Hal
Posted By: Lady Tech Re: Radio Signals - 08/14/07 08:13 PM
Questions
1) When external calls come in the radio is not heard on either end.
2) When I tested - I called in. Auto Attendant picks up immediately I selected an extension and let it go to voicemail. Left a test message. Hung up and went in and listen to the message. You could hear my message but with the radio in the back ground. The more I listen to the message the clearer I could hear the radio.
They have been at this location for about two - three months and this problem just started last week. I'm a little baffled. They told me the problem is getting worse and it is not just mailbox.
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Re: Radio Signals - 08/14/07 09:09 PM
Does the radio station at least play "good" music?

Kidding aside, is the customer using an integrated Merlin Messaging, or some external solution (which may be more susceptible to radio noise)?

What about your ground sources? I've seen folks use a nearby electrical conduit, only to find out later that there's ultimately no real physical connection to the Earth. A floating ground might as well be an antenna.

If you only hear the radio during the playback of the voicemail, my guess is that the radio noise is coming through the Earth ground rather than the copper POTS lines.
Posted By: Lady Tech Re: Radio Signals - 08/15/07 05:56 AM
Thank you for your help, I never thought of the ground but that makes sense I will check out the ground. Thanks again
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help