atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mhunter ACS R3 always pick up a particular line - 08/16/07 09:53 AM
I have an ACS R3.0 and I want to specify that a system phone at ext 13 always picks up line 1 even if line 1 in use by another extension. I tried to program the automatic line assignment to only include line 1 (and not include the intercom). But when line 1 is in use, picking up ext 13 goes straight to intercom.
I don't think this is possible, but if it is, you guys would know how to do it.. Thanks.
Posted By: skip555 Re: ACS R3 always pick up a particular line - 08/16/07 10:18 AM
how can it pick up line one if one is in use and if it could why would you want it to ?
Posted By: 1864 Re: ACS R3 always pick up a particular line - 08/16/07 11:56 AM
unassign auto privacy for X13?
Posted By: dtmf Re: ACS R3 always pick up a particular line - 08/16/07 12:36 PM
Taking Privacy off is a very bad idea, you would have to take it off all the sets you wanted to be able to do this not just 13 all that does is let others pop in on his calls.
Posted By: mhunter Re: ACS R3 always pick up a particular line - 08/16/07 12:56 PM
"how can it pick up line one if one is in use" was the question to you, the experts. ;-)

Long story... Line 1 always goes immediately to VM cover. If someone is available they can answer the call by picking up the handset and pressing line 1. However, we also have a cordless headset attached to X13 (along with a system phone). All the headset can do is go on/off hook. So if you try to answer the call with the headset it goes straight to intercom. Hence the request to have X13 ALWAYS pick up line 1 regardless of it's usage status.

I guess the last resort is to plug the headset directly into CO1, but then I loose the line status info on the system phones.
Posted By: dtmf Re: ACS R3 always pick up a particular line - 08/16/07 01:09 PM
Set Auto Line Selection on 13 to line one. If your cordless is attached to your set it will go right to L1 when you go off hook with it.
Posted By: hbiss Re: ACS R3 always pick up a particular line - 08/16/07 02:05 PM
"how can it pick up line one if one is in use" was the question to you, the experts. ;-)

Ok I'll give it to you. My expert opinion is you can't. If line one is in use you HAVE to press the button then go off hook. That's the way key systems work, it's done that way to keep other extensions from barging in on calls when they pick up the handset to make a call.

Further protection is by enabling auto extension privacy. Then even if an extension presses the button they won't be able to pick up the line.

The fact that a headset is used with the system phone is irrelevant. The headset is a slave to that phone and it works the same way- you have to press the line button to pick up a line in use whether you are using the headset or the handset.

I think this all comes down to proper training which should have been provided by your dealer. You did buy the system from a dealer didn't you?

-Hal
Posted By: 1864 Re: ACS R3 always pick up a particular line - 08/16/07 05:46 PM
Sorry, I read the question wrong. :scratch:
Cordless Headset - You're not AT the phone when you are trying to barge into line 1, so it's not possible to press the line 1 button.

Does this cordless headset include a dial pad, or is it one of those bluetooth models with a handset lifter?

If you have a dial pad, AND you remove privacy from the voice mail ports (and I guess you already have, since you can barge in from the keyset), dial 6801 when you get the Intercom Dial Tone.
Posted By: mhunter Re: ACS R3 always pick up a particular line - 08/17/07 02:57 PM
Thanks for the reply guys, I'm gathering that the answer is no.

The headset is like a bluetooth (only has 300' range) and has NO dial pad. Only on/off. When we got the system several years ago, I don't think bluetooth was invented yet ;-)

Looks like I'll just have to jumper it directly to CO1.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help