atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ATechguy Partner Mail vs R5.0 - 08/17/07 09:55 AM
HI! Techs, Hope you can help me with This , I have an Avaya AND Lucent PartnerMail VS 5.0 Voicemail Systems . When i put either voicekmail module in to 5 slot Carrier and program hunt grp. ext.s 20,21,22,23 ,i just have the acs processor r3 in the cabinet, when i try to go to progaram greetings i get busy signal. When i turn on power both the 3x8 processor and vs mail lights come on, the vs mail 5 led goes redquick flash then green a second or 2 and then off, I think the hard drive is bad or power supply,flakey ??? Any Tips ?? i can replace hard drive or power supply if needed. Thanks :shrug:
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner Mail vs R5.0 - 08/17/07 10:45 AM
If you only have a processor and a VM card with nothing else your VM card goes in slot two, all the way to the left. First lets see if it comes up before we worry about the hard drive.
Posted By: ATechguy Re: Partner Mail vs R5.0 - 08/17/07 11:16 AM
HI! Dtmf , Thanks your right, i will check the manual again i thought it was to go in next slot to right of process, I ,m not sure of the port exts. for hunt grp.7 if know you please reply in meanwhile i will check manual. Thanks alot.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner Mail vs R5.0 - 08/17/07 12:18 PM
You have the ports right if it's a 4 port
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Partner Mail vs R5.0 - 08/17/07 11:21 PM
What happens when you press intercom 20 from any phone on the system?
Posted By: PMCook Re: Partner Mail vs R5.0 - 08/19/07 03:53 AM
Sometimes I have to do a #768 to get the VM card working. It is not version specific, just seems toi be an issue with wome chassies, I am assuning a firmware problem. But it does have to be the last card in the system and occupy the next available slot and the slots go left to right. So it would be 1 - 2 - cpu - 3 - 4 in a five slot carrier.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Partner Mail vs R5.0 - 08/19/07 07:11 AM
768?? Do you mean 728? You should never have to do a system reset to get anything working.

The VM does not have to be the last card for it to work (as long as you have the ports programmed properly) but in most cases it should be to maintain CO line and extension continuity. There is an exception to this.

-Hal
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help