atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Phil Partner II System - 08/18/07 01:12 PM
I was given the task of moving a law firm's Partner II system from one location to another, across town. The only problem I have is the 48 key DSS module. Can't figure out how is connects, and is associated with the operator's phone (ext 10). I did not see the way it was originally hooked up, since all the employees had taken their own phones, including the receptionist. Anybody shed some light on this?
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Re: Partner II System - 08/18/07 01:23 PM
Take a look at page 2-40 (Adobe Acrobat page 68) of https://support.avaya.com/elmodocs2/partner_acs/r7/456803_6.pdf

You'll find a nice diagram there.
Posted By: Phil Re: Partner II System - 08/18/07 01:39 PM
Ah, many thanks!! I knew there had to be some sort of power supply for that thing. The user said there was none, but I'd bet I could make her eat those words! laugh
Posted By: KLD Re: Partner II System - 08/18/07 04:03 PM
Demarc
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Re: Partner II System - 08/19/07 05:38 PM
I think what KLD is saying is that sometimes installers will "hide" the step-down transformer in the phone room. You can use a 66 block to put the power on the appropriate pairs. This technique keeps both the transformer and adapter/splitter thing out of the user's way.

That would explain why the customer was sure that no transformer was involved, yet clearly one had to be in order for this thing to work.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help