atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: NyghtTech Merlin Plus Problems - 08/29/07 12:13 PM
Hi i have a Merlin plus. What i am wanting to know is. We have several different adapters. Like the BTMI2 and the GPA. Now where i run into problems is before i had a Cordless Phone plugged into one of these BTMI2 adapters and it worked fine for awhile then all of a sudden when i go to use the phone the intercom is all garbled up and the minute i try to call another EXT it makes a error/busy tone. So since it does that i started using a GPA and plugged into one of the VT and now it works fine again but for some reason after 20 mins or so it stops working and does not work again untill the telephone system gets restarted and then the process starts all over again. Can you help me figure out why it does this and what is possibly causing it. I have 4-5 of those btmi and it does the same on all of them. Thanks
Posted By: Dvader Re: Merlin Plus Problems - 08/29/07 07:06 PM
have you tried plugging in the BTMI into a different port...if not, then just maybe this particular port has gone bad...just a thought.
I have never heard of any adapter used for single
line applications causing this problem....but then again we are talking 20 years later.
Posted By: NyghtTech Re: Merlin Plus Problems - 08/30/07 04:39 AM
Yeah i have tried the btmi in 5 different ports and it still does the same. I know this tech is old but we got a guy who depends on it.
Posted By: jacktel Re: Merlin Plus Problems - 08/30/07 04:54 AM
What happens if just a 2500 type set is plugged in for more than 20 min.?------------John
Posted By: NyghtTech Re: Merlin Plus Problems - 08/30/07 07:51 AM
The regular phones work flawlessly it is just the analog sets/cordless that i am having trouble with.
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Re: Merlin Plus Problems - 08/31/07 09:13 AM
I don't have a Basic Telephone and Modem Interface adapter (BTMI). However, I DO have a GPA that you are more than welcome to.

I would love to prove to my wife that I'm not a paranoid pack rat. Let me save my marriage and solve your problem. Contact me, and I'll send it over.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help