atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DT98 Magix cabinet config question - 09/06/07 06:32 PM
I have a question about a single cabinet Magix to see if it can handle the following card configuration:

T1 card for a PRI
VM/AA card
2 ea. 016 station cards for MLX10DP sets
1 ea. 016 analog station card

This uses all five slots in the cabinet but from past experience, I can't get the notion outa my head that this is a lot of talk paths for one cabinet.

Are all 23 PRI channels going to be available for use with the 4 port VM/AA, 32 digital stations and 16 analog stations?...

This system is going in the end of this month and I want to avoid any surprises.
Thanks, DT98
Posted By: vad60 Re: Magix cabinet config question - 09/06/07 07:02 PM
You would have problems with 391A1 PS cause it can handle up to 54 units load but you have about 74 Units load max. You need to make sure that you have 391C PS (96 units)
Posted By: DT98 Re: Magix cabinet config question - 09/10/07 01:15 PM
Thank you Vad60!

Two follow up questions:

1) What is the defination of a unit load? I assume certain cards have a certain unit load. This is good to know because the config has changed (end user requested additional stations) between the order being placed and install time.

2) You see no problem with the number of "talk paths" for one cabinet? Other than checking the power supply for a 391C, all should be OK?

3) OK...I was wrong...three questions...Is the 391 A1 power supply an older power supply version or are there two versions depending on unit load in a particular cabinet? This system is coming from a dealer on the west coast handling it for me and should be the latest versions of all hardware/firmware/software.

Thank you again!...I'm just an old 1Akey, ComKey, Merlin, and Partner dinosaur...did not get into the Legend/Magix.

Regards...
Posted By: 392 Re: Magix cabinet config question - 09/10/07 02:42 PM
1.) Unit loads are a reference numerical value of energy consumed by a Magix component. Refer to the Avaya support site under Magix for the Pocket Reference for specific numbers for specific cards:

Unit Load Rating of System Modules
Module Unit Load Module Unit Load
008 MLX 13.5 - 400 E&M 8.0 - 008 OPT 8.0 - 408 GS/LS-ID-MLX 13.5 - 016 ETR 24 - 412 LS-ID-TDL 13.0 - 016 T/R 12.8 - 800 GS/LS-ID 0.0 - 016 MLX 27 - 800 DID 8.0 - 024 TDL 24 - 800 NI-BRI 0.0 -
100D/100DCD 0.0 - Processor 0.0 - 100R INA 0.0 - MERLIN Messaging 0.0

However, if this is a "metal" Magix utilizing a metal carrier, you have no choice but a 491D1 power supply, which puts out 54 unit loads. The reference states you don't need to consider unit loads anymore unless you are over 96 in key or behind-switch mode. You show 26.8 units, way short of the 54 max.

2.) No talk paths consideration is neccesary on a Magix, you are good to go.

3.) Unless /even if you are talking "plastic" Magix, you are still under on loads, you'll be fine unless you start stacking TDL cards in there. Just be sure your grounds and such are proper and you'll have nothing but success!
Posted By: DT98 Re: Magix cabinet config question - 09/11/07 09:58 AM
Thank you for the reply and info.
There is a big difference in the unit load total in the two replies...one was over 70 and your's is under 30.
So in case it matters, one of the station cards will need to support the larger button phone which will be used at the reception desk.

Regardless, it sounds like we're going to be ok and I will have some reference information when talking to my vendor on the west coast.

Regards and thank you again!
Posted By: 392 Re: Magix cabinet config question - 09/11/07 12:09 PM
Actually, I just readded and came up with 66.8, still short of the 96 max in PBX mode. The large display set has no effect on unit loads, you'll be fine there. I trust the doocumentation, it's pretty much tried and true. Good luck to you!
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help