atcomsystems.ca/forum
We have a Lucent Partner ACS phone system with voice mail, auto-attendant. The Phone are AVAYA phones.

Is there any way to change the Ring Tone?

Is so, please give me instruction on how to do it.

Thanks
If you have an ACS Partner system you can't change your ring tones, the only option on ringing other than volume is abbreviated ringing.
Actually if you have an ACS R3 or later there are 8 ringing patterns available for outside calls. See Unique Line Ringing in your documentation.

-Hal
Thanks for your help. I do not have the manual. Can you post the section for instruction on how to do this?

Thanks
How about going to the Avaya site and getting it yourself.

-Hal
The mods want you to get used to finding documentation. It's truly amazing what you find in the instructions. Best to download the PDF and print it up and keep it in a binder. I like the PDF because I can do searches plus keep a copy on my laptop and take it to sites. The customer does not now you are thumbing through a manual that way, either.

https://support.avaya.com/japple/cs...p;temp.bucketID=159898&PAGE=Document

The funtion is #209. Use the next data key to change the value and the next item to change lines. It will give you a little sample sound for each one as you select it.
Yes, the function. Don't forget to add the line number
Starting at LN O1 and cycle threw.

The biggest problem with the ring sound on a CO line basis is that 1 or 8 tend to only be the choice.

The rest of the ring tones sound like when the circus came to town after new years eve.

I guess AVAYA thought of the other ring tomes on that day.
I agree, the sounds are all quite weird and I've yet to use anything but the default tone.
You would think that AVAYA would have gave me a choice of the older merlin sounds. But they didn't.

The biggest mistake with the partner was OHVA.
\
and a flashing key for group pickup.
Hi Hal,

Thanks for your help. I am very new to phone system. I want to change the ring tone when my Extension rings. What do I need to do to change the Ring tone. This is mainly for a Wireless headset that I am using, the default ring tone is not being picked up by the lifter to alert me when the extension is ringing. The support staff of the Headset (Plantronics) said to try a different ring tone to see if it works.

Thanks for all your help.
Well, there are different ringing patterns depending on whether the call is incoming or transfered. You shouldn't have a problem with the straight ringing and default ringtone of an incoming call. I suspect that you are talking about the ring pattern of transfered calls. That ring pattern cannot be changed on a system phone.

There was a thread on this same topic awhile back that should explain things.

-Hal
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help