atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: 1864 Merlin Classic Handset w/ confidencer - 09/12/07 02:18 PM
I have 2 valcom 1030C horns in a very large machine shop. Pageing from a phone in the shop, causes the feedback "squeel". I've moved and repositioned the horns with no luck. I know of the page units that record the page, then release it after hanging up, but would rather not go that route if I can find the handsets.

Anyone know if there was ever made, a classic merlin handset with a confidencer?
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Merlin Classic Handset w/ confidencer - 09/12/07 03:19 PM
There were Merlin handsets made with a volume wheel on the underside of the handsets, but I don't know if there was a confidencer in the microphone part. You might try the sponsor of this website by clicking on the Equipment link at the top of the page, to start with.

It might be cheaper in the long run to put in the F.B.I. and be done with it. Depends on how many phones you have in the shop. Also, the F.B.I. will work with any system if they ever decide to upgrade from the Merlin. JMHO.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Merlin Classic Handset w/ confidencer - 09/12/07 03:51 PM
I agree with Mick , the feedback eliminator is probably going be to be the most cost effective solution

for a handset you might try mike sandman , they build handsets to order that might be able to help you out with the right transmitter
https://www.nicomtech.com/content/p...pment/7000-noisy-environment-handset.htm

I have never used one of these, so I cannot attest to its efficacy.

PM TO POSTER RE: PICTURE SIZE
Well, thank goodness for the "block content" function of Opera browser!
Posted By: 1864 Re: Merlin Classic Handset w/ confidencer - 09/14/07 09:00 AM
Thank you very much guys!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help