atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Scatter Outgoing Trunk ID - 09/13/07 08:40 AM
I think this is possible

How can I determine what trunk a dialed number should go out through? Comm Mgr 1, ASA or emulation
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Re: Outgoing Trunk ID - 09/13/07 09:17 AM
If you're talking about a Definity or gateway product, simply type "display ars analysis" followed by as much of the telephone number as you'd like.

The command may also be abbreviated.

Your co-worker is calling to find out the weather in Sydney, Australia. You want to know what route the call is taking. To find out, type "disp ars analy 01161396694916", then press enter.
Posted By: liquidvw Re: Outgoing Trunk ID - 09/13/07 09:23 AM
'list ars route-chosen 1201XXXXXXX'

That will show you the ars entery that the call will use. Note the route pattern. Then 'disp route X'

Anoter way is to assign a 'trunk id' button on your phone. Make the call and press the button.
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Re: Outgoing Trunk ID - 09/13/07 09:32 AM
Liquidvw is correct; use the "route-chosen" atom, not "analysis".
Posted By: mikeydidit Re: Outgoing Trunk ID - 09/13/07 10:55 AM
A neat way to do what you are after is using the "list trace station" feature. Type in List trace station and your extension number. Then you dial the number and every hop show on your screen all the way down to the trunk group member.

You can use this feature for a lot of things but we will save that for another day. smile
Posted By: Rhonda Re: Outgoing Trunk ID - 09/13/07 12:23 PM
Be sure to do the "li trace station" from your emulation and not GEDI (if you are a ASA user).

Works slick to troubleshoot call issues as well.
Posted By: Scatter Re: Outgoing Trunk ID - 09/14/07 09:58 AM
Thanks so much everyone. I was looking for the li trac st. I remember it from years ago. im new here but ill try to help where i can.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help