atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mweise Avaya IP Office Watchguard Issues.....HELP!!! - 09/14/07 05:51 AM
Need HELP!!! I am connecting TWO IP Office units in two different cities ( IP406 & IP401) over a hardware VPN tunnel with Watchguard Firewalls on each end and cannot for the life of me get them connected. I have setup the IP Lines, IP Routing, etc. What puzzles me is I can Ping any IP address on the other side both ways ACCEPT the IP Office units? I get NADA. I opened the required RTP ports (as per Avaya) on both Watchguard's and still getting nothing. Any help, direction or assistance would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks,
Mike
If you can ping addresses on either side but can't ping the remote IPO then you probably don't have the correct IP route setup in the IP Office.

You should have a "default route" in each IPO pointed to the gateway for the LAN it is connected to.

Assuming 1 IP Office is on 192.168.1.0 network with watchdog router at 192.168.1.1 and another IP Office is on 192.168.2.0 network with it's watchdog router at 192.168.2.1...

IPO#1: IP: 0.0.0.0 Mask: 0.0.0.0 Gateway: 192.168.1.1
IPO#2: IP 0.0.0.0 Mask: 0.0.0.0 Gateway: 192.168.2.1
Thanks for input my friend but I got those, still no worky. Any other ideas :-)

I'm dying here!!

Thanks,
Mike
PM sent.
You may have the ip routes set, but do you have the IP trunks configured?
I have the IP routes and Ip Lines both setup. Is that what you mean by "trunks"
NOPE. You need to set up an IP trunk for each system to see where the other is.

Look under lines. Is there a trunk with a little cat5 picture????? If no, then there is no trunk.
Yupper, little Cat5 picture and everything. So, yes, I setup an IP Line "trunk" to each of the locations IP Office unit IP addresses :-)

Thanks,
Mike
Mike, I sent ya' an email with things to check
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help