atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Craig Loidhamer Dead Lines - 09/18/07 09:23 AM
I have a Partner ACS that experienced a power outage overnight. It was on battery backup, but this morning Lines 1-5 were no dial tone. We have a total of 6 lines and line 6 was the only one working. I couldn't get lines 1-5 working again on the ACS unit so I had them physically switched to 6-11 and they are working fine now. Here is what I tried. I had them turn it off and on twice. Waiting about a minute in between switching it off and on again. Using the PC version I uploaded the last good copy of the System Translations and restored from internal memory.

First: Is there something I didn't try that might have fixed it?

Second: What battery backup is good for this system. I am currently running an APC BE650.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Craig Loidhamer
Posted By: hbiss Re: Dead Lines - 09/18/07 09:33 AM
ACS R7? All dead line ports on the same mod then?

-Hal
Posted By: Craig Loidhamer Re: Dead Lines - 09/18/07 09:36 AM
Correct. But I had them move the Simultaneous Page to line 5 and that works fine. It was previously on line 11.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Dead Lines - 09/18/07 09:50 AM
I would default the system then see if they work. Then reload your translations. That should tell you where your problem is- the ACS or the programming.

What kind of protection are you using on the CO lines?

This has nothing to do with the UPS or even whether it was being used by the way.

-Hal
Posted By: Craig Loidhamer Re: Dead Lines - 09/18/07 10:50 AM
I kind of inherited this system so I'm not sure what you mean by protection on the lines. What types are available?

Also I can only find System Reset #728 with programming saved. What is the code to default it to factory?

Thanks.

Craig
Posted By: hbiss Re: Dead Lines - 09/18/07 11:00 AM
Overvoltage and surge protection. Many times power outages are not as innocent as they appear.

I'll contact you via PM regarding the default procedure. That's not something that can be discussed in the open forum.

-Hal
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Dead Lines - 09/18/07 04:21 PM
This sounds like something that will require a site visit by an authorized Avaya Business Partner to correctly trouble shoot and fix.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help