atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: zurc524 removing port network on Definity G3R - 09/18/07 02:57 PM
Techs,
I'm trying to remove a PN. I have 2 carriers on this PN and about 20 boards. All but three boards have been removed from the circuit. I have an anolog board in one carrier and a digital board in another that won't remove. The error I'm getting is board still has translations but I don't see any ports in use. All ports are set to (p) not (u).

Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Posted By: mikeydidit Re: removing port network on Definity G3R - 09/19/07 05:38 AM
Somewhere you have something built up in translations that is not letting you remove those boards. I would use the "li con bo xxxxx and see what you have working on those. If any of those come back with a number on them they are assigned. The "P" stands for PSA. The "U" of course is for unassigned. If you can not find anything built up then I would go and turn off TTI under the "ch sys fea" form and see if it will let you remove them then. You could also run the "ch cir xxxxx" command and see if you can remove them that way.

Post if you need any more help removing thee.
Posted By: Wellco Re: removing port network on Definity G3R - 09/19/07 05:45 AM
Mikey is right, something is on that board...check odd things like TAAS assigned under "change console"..we had that happen to us awhile back. You could try a "list ext" and see if anything shows up. That is a good thought about turning off TTI also!!
Good luck
Posted By: zurc524 Re: removing port network on Definity G3R - 09/19/07 06:20 AM
Mikey,
I did try turning off the TTI option. Once I did that and pulled out the Analog board some of the ports when from "p" to "m". I have no idea what the "m" is but it least if gave me something to go on. I wrote down all the "m"s and put the card back in and enabled the TTI. Then I added an analog station and TTI all the "m"s in and removed the stations after. All but two on that board went to "u"s after I turned the TTI feature off again. So I turned the TTI feature back on and tried it again but noticed I could not get dial tone on those two ports for some reason. I haven't even tried anything on the Digital board yet. If these ports were marked as bad would it cause the ports to be dead?
Posted By: zurc524 Re: removing port network on Definity G3R - 09/19/07 06:23 AM
I don't see anything on TAAS under change console.
I also tried the ch cir and it would not let me remove the boards without first removing the translations. I also read something about have to use a maintenance login to remove a PN. I was able to remove all the other boards with my login but these. So I don't think thats it....
Posted By: liquidvw Re: removing port network on Definity G3R - 09/20/07 05:23 AM
You have a port assigned somewhere. You can 'list conf all'. Find the board and what port is used. Then 'disp port 01AXXXX'.

Another option, would be to display every port on the board, so 'disp port 01AXX01' through 'disp port 01AXX24'.

Could be a paging port. 'disp paging loud'.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help