atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Velcro Partner PC Admin..Can't get into any system - 09/18/07 04:01 PM
Hi Y'all,

I am having difficulty getting into Parnters (R6 and R7) either remotely with modem and RAC card (password set up) or directly through an extension on site. I hear it dial and I hear the modem tone but my laptop modem will not make the connection. Occasionally I will get the connected box but have never gotten to the login screen. I have called Catalyst, Jenne and several acquaintances with no luck. This is the message I get: "The application did not receive modem tone from the far end". Modem set to N81 x/on x/off and 1200 baud. Suggestions? I need to install a T1 next week. I have tried getting into 4 different sites with no luck on any...Any and all help much appreciated!!
R.6 and earlier ACS you will have to use the remote access card, which is picky about what modems it will communicate with.

R.7 has a admin port on the processor you can use.
Someone suggested I use an external modem, specifically a US Robotics...Sound like a plan?
I was finally able to get in using the external modem and one of the customers desktops...never did get my laptop to work...
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help