atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Nilee Cordless Options - 09/21/07 09:16 AM
System: Merlin Magix 2.0

I've been reading the forums on possibilities for cordess phone for Merlin Magix. From what I can gather, none of the TransTalk phones are worthwhile, especially when you consider the costs. I've looked at the EnGenius DuraFon and the Plantronic CS55, and the seem pretty good. My questions is does anyone have any experience with these phones in a warehouse environment of about 300,000 square feet? I know that the DuraFon claims to work in 250,000 square feet and 12 floors in building, but has anyone used these phone a similar environment?

Thanks.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Cordless Options - 09/21/07 04:08 PM
Yes we have the EnGenius phones working in the environment you have explained. And they work great. Just make sure they are the DuraFon and not the 920's. How many handsets will you need? If more than one.........go with the 4X's.

And you may want to look at putting the external antenna on the base unit also.
Posted By: Nilee Re: Cordless Options - 10/12/07 07:14 AM
I think that the DuraFon is the way to go. I do have a question about the Avaya 3810's. Are they any good with respect to range from base, and if not, is there any way to expand the range, using some third party hardware?

Thanks again....
Posted By: Rhonda Re: Cordless Options - 10/12/07 04:26 PM
I have one Plantronic CS55. It works quite well for a single office application but it is not an option for roaming a building.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Cordless Options - 10/12/07 05:44 PM
Nilee,
The range on a 3810 is going to be roughly 150ft from the base. Some environments will be less and some maybe a little more depending on the construction of the building. But the answer your question.......no the range on the 3810 isn't great and there isn't anyway to boost that.

If your just looking for something to use in a couple of offices it would be fine, but not in a warehouse environment or large office complex.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help