atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DT98 Magix install and PRI problem - 09/24/07 02:14 PM
I'm in charge of a new install today with a Magix using a PRI. This is a new system (NOS I guess since Magix has been discontinued...).

Called and checked... and the installing tech told me the PRI provider (Local CLEC) configured circuit as DMS100. The Magix tech said it had to be 5ESS Custom (or it would not work) and while they were making and receiving test calls with one phone connected, the DMS100 circuit config was causing problems... although he did not say exactly what they were. He did say if the problem could not be resolved and the PRI had to be re-configured, it would delay the install.

I searched and found a post that listed from the manual that DMS100 should work.

Any suggestions I could pass on that might keep this install on time using the DMS100 PRI config?

What is/was the last revision and version used on Magix? I do not know the R/V being used but I assume is it the latest.
Thanks... DT98

The MERLIN MAGIX Integrated System supports connection to the following central office
switches for PRI services:
 Lucent Technologies 5ESS Generic 6
 Lucent Technologies 5ESS serving the FTS2000 (government only) network.
 NORTEL DMS-100 Generic BCS 36 for local exchange carrier services
 NORTEL DMS-250 Generic MCI 07 serving the MCI network
 Digital Switch Corporation DEX600E Generic 500-39.30 serving the MCI network
To provide T1 Switched 56 services, the system supports the following central office switches:
 Lucent Technologies 4ESS Generic 18/19/20
 Lucent Technologies 5ESS Generic 9.1
 Northern Telecom DMS-100 Generic BCS 34
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Re: Magix install and PRI problem - 09/24/07 07:50 PM
The DMS100 will support "AT&T Custom" protocol. The switch does NOT have to be a 5ESS.

However, you should ask the provisioner to make sure that LT_DEF = U-459 (line type definition is set to be AT&T Custom).
Posted By: DT98 Re: Magix install and PRI problem - 09/27/07 06:41 AM
Thanks Dagwoodsystems,

I thinks we took the easy way out and had the carrier change the PRI to another office which is 5ESS. And they did it in one day...a miracle IMO!!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help