atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: techguy9940 partner extension problem - 09/24/07 06:18 PM
Anyone know why one extension on system will not pick up intercom dial tone, but will pick outside lines. If other extensions dial this extension you can answer it. I have tried the basic trouble shooting, reboot, unplug station , swapped set etc. Any good advice will help.
ty Kevin
Posted By: mdaniel Re: partner extension problem - 09/24/07 06:52 PM
When you say pick up.........I assume you mean when you left the handset?
If so.........what is your ALS set at for that ext.?
Can you press the intercom button at that ext and then pick up the handset and have intercom dial tone?
Posted By: Herk Re: partner extension problem - 09/25/07 04:36 AM
I would have to agree with mdaniel. Any extension on the partner system should be able to be set to pick up either intercom tone or dial tone by assigning the ALS (Automatic Line Selection) in system programming.
Posted By: Frank_DaFoneguy Re: partner extension problem - 09/25/07 06:38 AM
CG strikes again!
Posted By: techguy9940 Re: partner extension problem - 09/25/07 06:15 PM
I guess I should have explain with more detail.

At the idle station 33, I want to make a intercom call to station to station 12, for this example.

I lift the handset and press the intercom button and I clearly get busy tone. It is not a restricted tone.
If station 12 calls station 33 , 33 rings and I can anser the intercom call.
The ASL is set for Outside lines, and I have no trouble answering calls or making call outside.

Thanks again
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: partner extension problem - 09/25/07 06:27 PM
You press the Intercom button, located directly below Line 1 and/or Line 2, and you hear a Busy Signal??

Or you press a button above the lines that is labeled Ext. 12, and receive a busy signal??
Posted By: skip555 Re: partner extension problem - 09/25/07 06:31 PM
have you swapped the phone with a known good one ?
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Re: partner extension problem - 09/25/07 09:40 PM
Any chance that this extension is programmed as an External Hotline (#311)? If the "predetermined outside number" is incorrectly formed, you will get a busy signal when you go off-hook.

In practice, Hotline phones are strictly 2500 type sets. But there may some weird interaction with a system telephone.

Just a thought.
Posted By: techguy9940 Re: partner extension problem - 09/26/07 06:14 PM
This is the 18d telephone and I press the intercom button directly below the line buttons.
Yes I swapped station sets and I have the same problem on that port. With the same set on different port,there is no problem.
I am quiet sure someone has tried progamming this port accidently, but I have never seen the Intercom buttom programmed as something other than intercom.(not DSS)
I am not the highest level of tech when it comes to lucent, but I have more than enough knowledge for the basic troubleshooting and have tried power reboot, swapping stations ect..
If someone could give me the so items to look for I have the manual.

Can the Intercom buttons be reprogrammed?
not the DSS button but the two buttons on 18d telphone below the line buttons.

Thanks kevin
Posted By: skip555 Re: partner extension problem - 09/26/07 06:33 PM
Kevin

which partner are you working with ?

have you tried copying the settings from a extension thats working correctly ?
Posted By: hbiss Re: partner extension problem - 09/27/07 06:11 AM
Are you sure it's an outside line? Perhaps the intercom dial tone for that extension was changed to machine which is like the normal CO dial tone.

-Hal
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help