atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Mike1122 Power supply problem? - 12/05/07 07:00 AM
I have a Avaya G3R that has a strange problem. When a incoming call comes in the phone will go into a abnormal interupted ringing pattern and then a steady ring tone before it cuts off completely, the phone call never connects. Also the lights on the phone will start blinking. You have to unplug the phone to clear. I have 3 cabinets but it happens on just one. This is intermitting.Any ideas. Thanks
Posted By: liquidvw Re: Power supply problem? - 12/05/07 07:45 AM
Show a 'disp er' report from the time that this happens.
Posted By: mikeydidit Re: Power supply problem? - 12/05/07 08:25 AM
It sound like a pack or set going bad. You can plug in another set and leave it for a while to see if thats it. If not and it happens again you can reseat the circuit pack and see if that clears it up.

Like LiquidVW posted you can also test the board and see if it comes into alarm. If reseating the pack doesn't clear it up you may need to replace the pack. If it is just one port acting up then put that port in the "marked ports" and use the rest.
Posted By: Mike1122 Re: Power supply problem? - 12/06/07 02:14 PM
The entire 3 carrier cabinet is having this problem. Sorry, I wasn't clear with my description. All the phones located in this cabinet are having this issue, its intermitting but getting worse. Thanks
Posted By: mikeydidit Re: Power supply problem? - 12/07/07 06:22 AM
Do you have any alarms logged against this cabinet?

Do a "test environment long" and see if the ring generator fails. If so list the software version you are running "newterm" and I'll post the repair procedures for your load.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help