atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: PCTEK Listen to Conversations no detected - 01/17/08 12:53 PM
I have a customer who wants to listen in on any conversations taking place so the other parties do not know he is there. I cannot find this in the programming manual does anyone know how to accomplish this. Thanks
Posted By: PCTEK Re: Listen to Conversations no detected - 01/17/08 12:53 PM
Ok, now I'll tell you what the system is. Its a Partner ACS R7. Thanks again
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Listen to Conversations no detected - 01/17/08 01:13 PM
You can't monitor calls on a partner and not be heard. Viking makes a Call monitor device that is used for training with telemarketing. they hook to a spare co port and can monitor co lines, i think the smallest one is for 6 lines. you access the line the device is on and then dial which co port you want to monitor. I have sold a few, some states want you to fill out a privicy statement (viking will have that too)
Posted By: skip555 Re: Listen to Conversations no detected - 01/17/08 02:10 PM
viking silent observing unit will do what you want

you will probably want to hook it the stations to be monitored rather than the lines so the supervisor can dial in and listen to ext 21 say rather than having to figure out what line ext 21 is on .

you can also add recorder if needed
Posted By: PCTEK Re: Listen to Conversations no detected - 01/17/08 05:57 PM
Thanks for the help.
Don't forget the legal ramifications of such monitoring! In California, there must be either be a periodic beep during the conversation (as with 911 calls) or an up-front announcement that says something to the effect of "this call may be monitored for quality purposes".

Hello Visalia! I'm still praying for Merle's Drive-In.
Posted By: PCTEK Re: Listen to Conversations no detected - 01/17/08 07:31 PM
This guy has a Merlin system now and he says he already has this setup.
Your customer "already has this setup", yet he needs still needs to make this happen? Or are you trying to duplicate what this guy [reportedly] has working for a different customer of yours?

MWHS grad 1983.
Posted By: PCTEK Re: Listen to Conversations no detected - 01/17/08 08:50 PM
according to him he has it setup on his existing Merlin system. He is either doing some sort of thrid party box which I did not see or just tapping into the line with the mic off.
If it is a Merlin Legend above a certain release, or a Magix, it is already built in.
Tom is right. "Service Observing" was introduced with Legend R6.1, which allows one to monitor predefined groups of users without detection.

The Partner does not have an equivalent software feature, so you'll have to consider one of the third party devices previously mentioned.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help