atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: hslingland Partner ACS Rel 7,091O - 04/22/08 11:39 AM
Have a new ACS that customer says is rebooting during the day for no reason. Sets go dark till system restores. Have change UPS & Processor. Reseated all cards in 5 slot CXR. It Happens about 1 or 2 times a week. Checked with Avaya and they have no none problems with this new release. Antone else having a similar problem?
This is an ACS Rel 7.0 91O version.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner ACS Rel 7,091O - 04/22/08 12:06 PM
Does this happen at the same times or is it random?
Posted By: hbiss Re: Partner ACS Rel 7,091O - 04/22/08 01:11 PM
Well, if you changed the ACS processor and you know it's not a power problem I would start looking at the other modules. Swap them out one by one with a known good mod until the problem goes away.

But before I did that I would make sure that the temperature at the KSU is maintained at less than 85 deg F. I have see this problem caused by heat. Last time was in the middle of winter and a ceiling louver was blasting the KSU.

-Hal
Posted By: MrGemini Re: Partner ACS Rel 7,091O - 04/22/08 01:39 PM
hslingland,
By any chance is this the same one with a voicegate Wizard with outcalling mail system behind it that gave you the same trouble 3 years ago?
--------------
MrG
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Partner ACS Rel 7,091O - 04/22/08 04:24 PM
We have several many R.7 "O's" out in the field up and running and we have never saw this problem.

Sounds like there needs to be some on-site troubleshooting. Switching out cards, VM's and maybe even put a data logger on the AC voltage feeding the processor. Not all battery back-ups are created equal.
I have saw some of the cheaper UPS's give enough of a voltage drop when switching to cause a flicker.
Posted By: PENCOM Re: Partner ACS Rel 7,091O - 04/23/08 06:19 PM
Is the UPS pluged into an outlet that is atatched to a light switch. Trace it back to electrical panel and make shure.
Posted By: LightSRC Re: Partner ACS Rel 7,091O - 04/30/08 09:26 AM
yes, it has happened to 2 sites so far.. Installing another at a new site soon. I will keep my fingers crossed, as it is 2 for 2 in problems.
Posted By: DTCTech1 Re: Partner ACS Rel 7,091O - 05/08/08 09:53 AM
Had this problem once at a site, come to find out the tech that installed the system left a old bis 10 hooked up when he installed the new system. IT was in a old fuel bay and never saw it..
Posted By: skip555 Re: Partner ACS Rel 7,091O - 05/08/08 09:59 AM
I had one out of the box do it before install , I was set up and programing and it was doing it every 5-10 min o rs . I just assumed a bad processor and returned it
Posted By: ttech Re: Partner ACS Rel 7,091O - 05/08/08 02:26 PM
I had the problem System would just shut down. A power cycle would fix it for a while. We ended up replacing the Processor. It was an O
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Partner ACS Rel 7,091O - 05/08/08 02:56 PM
I don't know if this means anything or not, but over the last couple of weeks we have been receiving "K's" from our distributors. (Jenne and Catalyst). Instead of "O's".
:shrug:
Posted By: aarenot Re: Partner ACS Rel 7,091O - 05/09/08 07:47 PM
I have a patent application for this one, LOL.

Plug the power cord of a power strip into the power outlet. Plug the ACS into the strip along with a cheap rummage sale alarm clock that goes to blinking midnight if you lose power. When they call to tell you it happened again ask them what time the clock in the phone room says. Yes, this has proven power interuption that was not otherwise known about dozens of times.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help