atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Kaiser Merlin SAA - 05/29/08 07:32 PM
Hello,

We're replacing a Merlin Classic with another system and they have an SAA hooked up to two square inside buzzer bells. Only bl/y is hooked up.

Do these use regular ring voltage or are they doing anything funky like emulating a Merlin Classic phone?

Can I just get rid of the SAA box and hook an analog port up to the black/yellow and send it ring voltage to "buzz the shop"?

Thanks!

Dreißigster Bügeleißen
Posted By: blklabs Re: Merlin SAA - 05/29/08 07:59 PM
Can I just get rid of the SAA box and hook an analog port up to the black/yellow and send it ring voltage to "buzz the shop"?

That depends on the "buzzer"
The SAA (Supplemental Alert Adapter) provides 48V (or -48)DC on the B\Y.
Some Alerts have dip switches that allow you to change the sound from a buzzer, to a bell or a chime.
There is also a dip switch that switches the 48V to ringing voltage on the G\R.

Ya dig? (verstehen?)
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Re: Merlin SAA - 05/29/08 10:51 PM
Dieses MERLIN hatte nicht eine T/R Schnittstelle, die ist warum der SAA Adapter entwickelt wurde (use Babelfish if necessary).

--Tim "König aller Telefone" Alberstein
Posted By: Kaiser Re: Merlin SAA - 06/07/08 07:49 AM
Ja, ich verstehe. HAHAHAHA! Was ein stück von älterscheiße!

That's what I figured. You guys crack me up!

Well, for posterity sake, we ripped it out and put in a paging system. The Viking PA-2A for $ 92 whopping dollars from Graybar for a ring/bell and voicepage "real" paging system.

They used their SAA buzzer to hammer it 2 times for Dale, 3 buzzes for Frank, etc. by manually hitting an extension wired to the SAA.

Now, they can just say with their fancy American technology, "Hey Bill - Line 1"

I love that!

Thanks for all your replies!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help