atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: function12 Partner ACS R7 Factory Reset - 07/15/08 06:06 AM
I would like to blow away all settings in a Parnter ACS R7 and for the life of me I can't seem to find how to do this.

Thanks,
Eric
Posted By: upstateny Re: Partner ACS R7 Factory Reset - 07/15/08 06:10 AM
Just remove the batteries with the power off and you should lose all of your programming.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Partner ACS R7 Factory Reset - 07/15/08 09:06 AM
OOPS that was supposed to be an e-mail! John C.
Posted By: SUPERTECH2000 Re: Partner ACS R7 Factory Reset - 07/15/08 10:15 AM
The R7 also backs itself up to internal NVRam. Remove the batteries and shutdown. Then power up and do a system default, then set your system time to 1:59 AM and wait a few minutes and let it do a backup to internal memory at 2:00 AM. Once the time is 2:02 AM change the time to the correct time and you are done. If you need the programming steps, post back.
Posted By: blklabs Re: Partner ACS R7 Factory Reset - 07/15/08 06:09 PM
Originally posted by SUPERTECH2000:
The R7 also backs itself up to internal NVRam. Remove the batteries and shutdown. Then power up and do a system default, then set your system time to 1:59 AM and wait a few minutes and let it do a backup to internal memory at 2:00 AM.
:scratch:

A) Why would you do a backup of a system that had just been reset to defaults.

B) Why not manually backup the system instead of manipulating the clock?
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Partner ACS R7 Factory Reset - 07/15/08 07:51 PM
R7is a strange animal - the batteries really don't back up the memory, they just keep the "replace batteries with power on" from showing on the display.

When you power up an R7, it will look for a valid backup file on the PC card, and perhaps on the internal memory. If it finds one, it will do an automatic restore.

So, if you have a card with a valid backup file on it, you default it, cycle the power, you will find yourself back where you started before the default.

Oh, and you must default it, set it for automatic backup ON, set the clock to 1:59 on the 1st of the month, wait for 2:00 am to pass before the internal memory will be written with a blank slate.
Posted By: blklabs Re: Partner ACS R7 Factory Reset - 07/15/08 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Touch Tone Tommy:
R7is a strange animal - the batteries really don't back up the memory, they just keep the "replace batteries with power on" from showing on the display.

When you power up an R7, it will look for a valid backup file on the PC card, and perhaps on the internal memory. If it finds one, it will do an automatic restore.

So, if you have a card with a valid backup file on it, you default it, cycle the power, you will find yourself back where you started before the default.

:confused:

Wow! I'm gonna hafta to get my hands on an R7 and educate myself. I need an embarrassed Graemlin to show how I really feel.
Posted By: nvphonemom Re: Partner ACS R7 Factory Reset - 07/30/08 06:00 PM
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help