atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bigfoot53 Definity G3V4 - 07/23/08 04:51 AM
Hello All,
I need some iniformation, I have a Definity G3V4 switch that has been donated to our Church. it has 2 co trunk cards and 2 isdn cards when i list the configuration the CO cards dont show up just the ISDN, can I as super-user add the CO cards? I dont need the ISDN.

thanks
Bruce
Posted By: liquidvw Re: Definity G3V4 - 07/23/08 05:33 AM
try to 'cha cir' and put them in.
Posted By: bigfoot53 Re: Definity G3V4 - 07/23/08 04:03 PM
thanks, they were already there when i used htat command. but if i do a list config trunks i dont see them . i cant place calls or receive calls, i enabled 3 ports on the trunk but still nothing .

any help is greatly appriciated.

Bruce
Posted By: bigfoot53 Re: Definity G3V4 - 07/23/08 04:07 PM
More info ,
this switch is going in a church and will hav 5 lines inbound, will only have about 20 users, yea i know its overkill but its it works well if i get it figured out.it has 2 ds1 cards an announcment card aux trunk , 7 analog cards , call class card, and digital cards,

Bruce
Posted By: upstateny Re: Definity G3V4 - 07/24/08 05:07 AM
Sell it and buy them a little Partner!!
Posted By: liquidvw Re: Definity G3V4 - 07/24/08 05:16 AM
how about 'list conf all'

Try to 'test board 01A....'

You might be better off with a Partner. To be honest you can't leagally move a definity from one company to another without purchasing the RTU. So you not doing the chuch any favors by intsalling that G3 there.
Posted By: bigfoot53 Re: Definity G3V4 - 07/24/08 05:39 AM
WOrking on RTU, also if i did get the partner what would be the best setup ? at the most 20 phones would be used and a few analog devices such as fax or modem.and where is the best place to sell the G3 ?

thanks
Bruce
Posted By: liquidvw Re: Definity G3V4 - 07/24/08 05:53 AM
The RTU is going to cost you a boatload of money. Avaya is going to first force you to upgrade to CM4.X or CM5.0. The cost is going to be more then what it would cost to buy new. Really all you have there is a pile of parts. You don't have the Right to Use the software. Just like you can't take your copy of windows XP and install it on multiple PC's. The same applies here. You might get a few dollars on Ebay for your G3V4. But really, that's dead technology.
Posted By: mikeydidit Re: Definity G3V4 - 07/24/08 05:58 AM
The old G3 isn't really worth much any more. They are all over including Ebay.

You are probably not seeing the trunks, because it doesn't have any assigned. You can do a "list con all" like Dave said, or "li con carr or board 1a" and see the co trunk pack. The lines you have coming in can be used as CO trunks. They are more than likely just POTS lines. Set them up as ground start, and they should work.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help