atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bigfoot53 ring group - 07/26/08 10:28 AM
Hello all,
How do i send the incomming calls from my trunk group to multipule extensions ?
EG.. call comming in rings at 5100 5101 5102 and 5103 at the same time if noone answers it rolls to a general VM box.

thanks
Bruce
Posted By: vad60 Re: ring group - 07/26/08 01:44 PM
I understud you are talking about Legend, Magix or Definity?? What siftware release? There are many ways to achive what you trying to set up but all depends. Please little bit more info.
Posted By: bigfoot53 Re: ring group - 07/26/08 02:12 PM
ok sorry for the lack of info it is a Definity G3V4 with software G3V4i.08.0.0841

thanks
Bruce
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Re: ring group - 07/27/08 10:56 AM
Take a look at the Terminating Extension Group or Cover Answer Group feature to do what you need.

If you're not sure about these terms or how to implement them on the Definity forms, check out Avaya's website. They have every manual available in Adobe Acrobat form.

Here is where you want to start. It's a link to Avaya's documents for Definity G3V4. If that looks too daunting, then use Google or the search feature of Avaya's website and use "terminating extension group" to constrain the search.
Posted By: mikeydidit Re: ring group - 07/28/08 06:23 AM
dagwoodsystems has you in the right direction. The coverage answer group will do what you need.

The commands are

"li cov answ" This will list the ones you already have.

"add cov answ n" This will add the next available one for you.
You will need to point this to a DID station. It can be one that is x ported. Add a coverage path to this station and put c? (your coverage answer group number)as the first point of coverage, however many rings and your audix as the second point.

IT should work for you. Post if you need any more help getting through this.
Posted By: bigfoot53 Re: ring group - 07/28/08 06:44 AM
THanks for the info guys
I will see what ai can get setup,
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Re: ring group - 07/28/08 05:39 PM
Go with the Cover Answer Group and not the Terminating Extension Group. Reason is that I don't think you can apply voicemail coverage to a TEG.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help