atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: High Mesa Communications Blinking light - 08/07/08 10:28 AM
This is going to drive me nuts, and it's a short trip! I've got a ACS rel 4, with partner mail, cabinet is full. Extension 30 is blinking on the console and other phones where it is programmed as a dss button. The phone works, it just causes the dss button to blink. We have replace the 308 card, changed the phone, the jack and the wiring. It goes away when we change things, but starts blinking in about 2 days. Last step is to change the processor but I'm resisting.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Blinking light - 08/07/08 10:46 AM
what happens when you plug directly into the processor

I would use a phone from a working extension (not the one currently on this extension)

if it still does it default the processor and reprogram before you replace it

I would also try swapping extractions , make 30 15 and 15 30 for a few days and see if it stays with the location or station port
Posted By: hbiss Re: Blinking light - 08/07/08 10:52 AM
You wouldn't happen to have x30 programmed as a fax extension in #601 would you? That's the only thing I can think of that might make the DSS button for that extension blink and I'm not even sure that would do it.

Before I did anything else I would default the system and program from scratch.

-Hal
Posted By: blklabs Re: Blinking light - 08/07/08 12:05 PM
You might be onto something Hal. I think if you call a fax extension and it doesn't answer, it flashes the DSS to say "Hey I'm outta paper!" frown
Posted By: High Mesa Communications Re: Blinking light - 08/07/08 02:07 PM
Hal you are too much! That was it, set as fax extension!!!!!!!! what a pain, no one in the office will admit to programming as a fax, we NEVER use that feature.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help