atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: freshfitz system defaulting after reboot - 10/06/08 11:08 AM
I went on a service call this morning on a avaya partner system. When the system is turned off and back on the system resets to default settings. I replaced the 2 AAA batteries and this is still happening. Is there anything else to look at?

Also they have 2 ext's that say they the VM is full but when you check them there is no Voice Mails. I tried to re-initialize them but no luck. I had to assign mailbox's from ext's that they didn't use to those ext's to get it to work.
Posted By: skip555 Re: system defaulting after reboot - 10/06/08 11:18 AM
when you replaced the batteries did you check to see if the "replace battery " message was still displayed on ext 10 ?

Ive had it where the fresh batteries didn't actually supply power because the contacts where dirty and the message was still displayed until I cleaned the contacts

what rel ACS ?
Posted By: freshfitz Re: system defaulting after reboot - 10/06/08 11:25 AM
I think it's 7.0, I did not check for the display message upon arrival, actually ext 10 was not in use and did not have a display phone to hook up to it. Would that error display on ext 11 too?
Posted By: hbiss Re: system defaulting after reboot - 10/06/08 12:07 PM
With the R7 there are two possibilities for it defaulting. First is that it's an older one that had that problem. There is a software patch, contact an Avaya Business Partner.

The second is that it is a current unit and the programming was not backed up to the internal memory. The patch I mentioned above causes the processor to do a restore from the internal memory upon power up. So if there is a default translation backed up (or nothing) that's what you are going to get.

The AAA batteries really do nothing long term in the R7.

As for the VM, what messaging system are we talking about here?

-Hal
Posted By: freshfitz Re: system defaulting after reboot - 10/06/08 12:18 PM
There is a backup in internal memory. I guess it is not pulling the backup upon booting up due to the patch. The voice mail is the pc card but that's all I know, don't know if that helps. There is an update on support.avaya is it easy to load it?
Posted By: freshfitz Re: system defaulting after reboot - 10/06/08 12:36 PM
Is there a way to check the software version via ext 11
Posted By: vad60 Re: system defaulting after reboot - 10/06/08 03:24 PM
Yes.
Dial 59 on dial pad..
Posted By: hbiss Re: system defaulting after reboot - 10/06/08 03:53 PM
That would be Feature 59. Tell us what it says.

There is an update on support.avaya is it easy to load it?

No.

-Hal
Posted By: freshfitz Re: system defaulting after reboot - 10/06/08 05:40 PM
Will do thanks
Posted By: dtmf Re: system defaulting after reboot - 10/07/08 04:38 AM
Regardless, you should be able to see a file in the internal flash memory if it was set up in programming, I believe you mentioned there was one there, do a restore and see if it comes up.

As for the VM, what unit is it and what ext, could be a couple of things
Posted By: freshfitz Re: system defaulting after reboot - 10/07/08 06:17 PM
Well it turns out the originating dealer is shipping a new processor on site that I am going to swap out that already has the latest release on it.

The vm is the pc-card not sure what version. The ext's where 16 and 17 saying mailbox full. I think mailbox 7 and 8 where tied to those ext's. What I did was re-assign those mailbox's to ext's they don't use then move other mailbox's to ext 16 and 17. I did try to re-initialize the individual mailbox's that did not work. I'll let you know what software version they where on when i go back on site tomorrow.

Thanks for everyones help
Posted By: hbiss Re: system defaulting after reboot - 10/08/08 06:50 AM
It's the PVM large. You need to default it. Talk to your "originating dealer" about that too.

-Hal
Posted By: freshfitz Re: system defaulting after reboot - 10/09/08 03:21 PM
Upgraded the processor today couldn't have gone smoother. They we're at 7.0.91I and the new one was 7.0.91O Seemed to be working great loaded programming on every start up.
Posted By: freshfitz Re: system defaulting after reboot - 10/09/08 03:24 PM
Could someone pm me on how to default the VM for future knowledge.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: system defaulting after reboot - 10/09/08 05:09 PM
Sorry freshfitz, but that info isn't to be given out. I hope you understand.
Any Moderator of this forum or your local Avaya Business Partner can do this for you for a fee.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help