atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JWRacedog VM box 01 & 02 defaulted??? - 10/15/08 10:04 AM
What would cause an ACS R5 with 2 phones and a two MB card to revert to the 01 MB assigned to extension 20 and the 02 MB assigned to extension 15---after being unplugged for about 3 minutes. No other programming---either on the phone system nor the AA greeting of the VM card was affected.

I just reassigned the 01 to 10 and the 02 to 11 and everything was fine---customer had to redo the personal greetings. Of course, all messages were lost---but customer had checked messages before the system was unplugged.

Ideas??
Posted By: hbiss Re: VM box 01 & 02 defaulted??? - 10/15/08 10:52 AM
No idea, never saw that before nor can I see how that could happen. The PVM has no backup or restore.

-Hal
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: VM box 01 & 02 defaulted??? - 10/15/08 01:21 PM
Thanks, Hal. I don't understand how it could happen either.

This was not our customer (they are now)--so, perhaps something else was programmed in there before. What's goofy about it---is that nothing else has changed.

The receptionist was trying to get into her VM box--and of course, she thought that the password had been changed. If this was a 25 phone system---I would have been troubleshooting for quite a while.
Posted By: hbiss Re: VM box 01 & 02 defaulted??? - 10/15/08 02:08 PM
Undoubtedly it was in there from before. Question is why did it change to it?

I would default the card and start from scratch.

-Hal
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: VM box 01 & 02 defaulted??? - 10/15/08 07:24 PM
I'll do that the next time I'm in that building. With only two MBs---it won't take long to rebuild.
In the meantime---I'll be watching it remotely, at nite.
Posted By: Spuds Re: VM box 01 & 02 defaulted??? - 10/16/08 08:50 AM
I have had this problem before. You resewt the mailboxes and then several days later the same problem. I ended up having to replace the VM Card. Hopefully you won't have to.

Mike
Posted By: hbiss Re: VM box 01 & 02 defaulted??? - 10/16/08 08:56 AM
Did you try defaulting it Mike?

-Hal
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help