atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have:

-Partner ACS 308 R6 Proc.
-Partner Messaging 7 (LAN and RS232 Ports)
-Partner ACS R7 PC Administration Release 7.0 Version 7.0.1.1
-355AF
-CAT5 LAN Cable

I am unsuccessfully trying to connect the PC Admin software to the VM. I cannot make the connection through a serial port from either of two PC's.

Do I have the correct hardware?
What is the default host address or IP address of the VM if I use hyperterminal?
OK, you will need the admin software for Partner Messaging R.7.
NOT the admin software for the ACS R.7.
Then you will need to either change the IP of the PC your trying to connect to or change the IP of the Messaging through the RS232 port.
Then all you will need is a crossover cable from the LAN port on the Messaging to the PC or switch you wanting to connect to it.

I will PM you the default IP of the Partner Messaging R.7.
Michael,

I have searched for the correct software and cannot locate it. Can you provide a link?
When you say a crossover cable is the pin-out different on each end or is it straight through?

Thanks,

Karl
The software is on the documentation CD that came with the VM. Failing that it's downloadable from the Avaya support site. Look under Partner Messaging R7.

A crossover cable is called a crossover cable because it is not wired straight through. Both ends are different. I suppose you could avoid using it simply by using a switch or hub between the PC and VM thus creating a small network. Then you could just use a couple of regular patch cords.

-Hal
I found the software!
kholt,
A crossover cable will be wired 568A on one end and 568B on the other. wink
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help