atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Repairtech79 partner acs R2 - 10/31/08 12:16 PM
I ran into a strange problem today
a customer has a Partner ACS R2 and after you dial the voice mail extention the acs is dialing a string of about 7 digits with the voice mail NOT
connected this is a third party voice mail. I have also tried call 777 and same result
I have defaulted the acs and the same thing happens
does anyone have any suggestion as what may be causing this (this only happens with the voicemail extentions)
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: partner acs R2 - 10/31/08 12:47 PM
Having trouble visualizing the senario.

You are probably hearing the "mode codes" that are sent to voice mail port upon answering, to indicate how to handle the incoming call.

Did you include in Hunt Group 7 anything OTHER than extension ports connected to the actual 3-party voice mail unit? Like phones that have mailboxes?
Posted By: Repairtech79 Re: partner acs R2 - 10/31/08 01:19 PM
thanks for the fast reply
what is strange is I monitor the voice mail port and after answering the port after it rings my testset is when I here the string of digits
it is like it is speed dial a number after the call is answered
Posted By: hbiss Re: partner acs R2 - 10/31/08 01:21 PM
You are probably hearing the "mode codes" that are sent to voice mail port upon answering, to indicate how to handle the incoming call.

That's exactly what's happening. The switch doesn't just ring the extension when it is assigned as a VM extension in 505,7. There is information passed. If you want to confirm this assign them to one of the other regular hunt groups in 505 like 1.

The mode code information is designed for the Partner VM systems and may or may not be appropriate for third party messaging systems.

-Hal
Posted By: Repairtech79 Re: partner acs R2 - 10/31/08 01:21 PM
i also set program 410 to not active
Posted By: Repairtech79 Re: partner acs R2 - 10/31/08 01:22 PM
thank i will try that
Posted By: hbiss Re: partner acs R2 - 10/31/08 01:27 PM
Try what? What's the problem? I think the question is "how should the Partner system be configured to work with whatever VM system you have". 505,7 may be correct, maybe not. That information should be in the documentation that came with the third party VM system.

-Hal
Posted By: Repairtech79 Re: partner acs R2 - 10/31/08 01:29 PM
here is what i found out
the voice mail is a keywest 1
I put the voice mail ports in group 6 and called voice mail and you get the proper geering
the only thing I can think of is the voicemail does not like the codes the acs is sending
thank you T.T.T and hbiss for your help
Posted By: hbiss Re: partner acs R2 - 10/31/08 04:59 PM
Like I said, some third party VMs will integrate with the switch the same as a Partner VM, others won't. Without making use of the mode codes the third party VM won't have the functionality of a Partner VM or another that does.

My experience is that many third party VM manufacturers are seriously lacking in doing their homework. Most have no idea how their product is supposed to integrate with the many phone systems out there because they never took the time to actually test it. Consequently their documentation gives you very little information in that regard, usually all they say is to put the VM port extensions in a hunt group.

-Hal
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help