atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jan Simpson template for Partner button labels - 11/13/08 08:46 AM
We just purchased an Avaya Partner system and I am looking for a template so that I don't have to type all these button label things. Does anyone have one ?
Posted By: hbiss Re: template for Partner button labels - 11/13/08 09:09 AM
I think a couple of guys have done something in Xcel or Word to work with the desis that come with the phones. Hang on, give them a chance to see this.

There are also outfits like Overlay Pro (Baudcom) that supply the desis and software to print them but that is really for dealers. I'm thinking that there is one that lets you do it online.

-Hal
Posted By: skip555 Re: template for Partner button labels - 11/13/08 09:14 AM
I send my customers to desi.com
I supply the intial ones then let them download the free software and buy the labels direct

if you download the free software there is a template for all the partner phones
Posted By: Jan Simpson Re: template for Partner button labels - 11/13/08 09:19 AM
We already have the overlays, I just need to print them. I've tried desi.com and some others, but they don't fit the labels that I already have. I think the excel template would probably be ideal. I'll wait for a response. Thanks for your help. Hope you can get out of this business.....
Posted By: hbiss Re: template for Partner button labels - 11/13/08 09:57 AM
We already have the overlays, I just need to print them. I've tried desi.com and some others, but they don't fit the labels that I already have.

That's the whole point, you have to purchase their paper and in my opinion the few dollars is well spent. Their software is much easer to use than messing with a template and you have only a limited supply desis that come with the phones. If you buy additional ones from Avaya they probably will cost you more than what a package of desis from desi.com or Overlay Pro.

The desis that come with the phones are really only meant to be hand written or put in a typewriter.

-Hal
Posted By: dexman Re: template for Partner button labels - 11/13/08 10:53 AM
I'll second desi.com. I purchase from them and they are quite good.
Posted By: DJG Re: template for Partner button labels - 11/13/08 05:34 PM
I use desi.com also, as Hal said, it's money well spent, sometimes when I run out and can't wait till the new one's come in, I'll print out the desi label system onto a piece of plain paper, then line my Avaya label over top of it and tape down the top and bottom and print. As Skip said, you can down load the software on line for free. Or you can order the desi.com paper on line and have in hand in a day or two.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: template for Partner button labels - 11/13/08 05:41 PM
E-mail sent to Jan Simpson.
The desis that come with the current Euro-II's give you 4 per sheet, so I have amassed a bunch of them.

They go through a lazer printer just fine, and an Excel spreadsheet with properly spaced cells works well.

I'm sure that's what Mike PMed you about, but I do have a file that I can send you as well.
Posted By: Spuds Re: template for Partner button labels - 11/14/08 02:59 PM
I use desi labels as well. I wouldn't mind the excel spreadsheet for the labels. Would work in a pinch sometimes.

Thanks

Mike
Posted By: mdaniel Re: template for Partner button labels - 11/14/08 03:00 PM
On it's way Mike.

:thumb:
Posted By: AdemcoWisc Re: template for Partner button labels - 11/15/08 11:16 AM
If you're REALLY patient (and REALLY cheap, like me!!), I took an old label, scanned it into the computer, and then re-traced the lines in my desktop publishing software. You could easily use Word or another WP program. You have to cut the dumb squares out with an exacto knife, but it works!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help