atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Bilcor Avaya Partner MLS-18D Display - 11/15/08 09:11 AM
Anyone know where I can purchase an LCD display for an Avaya 18D Phone set? I have one that has broken.

Billy C.
Posted By: AdemcoWisc Re: Avaya Partner MLS-18D Display - 11/15/08 11:13 AM
Have you taken a look at eBay, Billy? They have several 18D's for sale there. You could easily swap yours out, or if you really want to, you could transplat the LCD into the broken one. Hope this helps.

-Michael
Posted By: vad60 Re: Avaya Partner MLS-18D Display - 11/15/08 12:32 PM
There is no supplier for LCD only. Usually it's allocated product.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Avaya Partner MLS-18D Display - 11/15/08 02:34 PM
The MLS is very old. You either have to cannibalize one that has more serious problems or replace the phone. It's also possible that the problem is not the display itself.

-Hal
Posted By: Bilcor Re: Avaya Partner MLS-18D Display - 11/16/08 08:48 AM
Hal,
The phone that I need the display on is a newer Euro style 18D. The display is cracked.

Billy
Posted By: hbiss Re: Avaya Partner MLS-18D Display - 11/16/08 10:27 AM
I just save the defective phones I take back and use them for parts.

I normally won't repair phones for customers other than those that are otherwise in good shape, "running them through the dishwasher" when stuff gets spilled on them. That entails complete disassembly, cleaning of the buttons and plastics and reassembly then hitting everything with phone polish. Nothing gets replaced (other than the handset cord and the desi cover if needed) and we make about the same as what we would on a new phone sale.

If something like a display or the plastics are damaged and the customer can't live with it I sell them a new phone. As far as I'm concerned they broke it, buy a new one. They are not repairable so learn to be more careful.

The working phones I do put together from parts are either used here at the shop or in donated systems to places like churches.

-Hal
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help