atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: SwedaGuy Backing up a Legend R5 V10 - 11/18/08 07:38 AM
Is there anything special about the PCMCIA card that was sold with these systems for doing backups, or will any PCMCIA memory card work? I've got several of these cards hanging around from other things, but will they work?
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: Backing up a Legend R5 V10 - 11/18/08 11:13 AM
It's a translations card, you need another translations card, that is dependant on the CKE release of your processor, for the Legend/Magix.
Posted By: SwedaGuy Re: Backing up a Legend R5 V10 - 11/18/08 11:43 AM
Hmm...OK, this is probably a stupid question, but can you explain "CKE" release?

Thank you for responding, I appreciate your input. This stuff is very unlike the NT stuff I'm used to working on, I didn't realize there would be such a learning curve...
Posted By: vad60 Re: Backing up a Legend R5 V10 - 11/19/08 08:26 AM
Your CKE is Rel. 5. You already mention it in your post. The "Backup card" should be the only one for that Release but if you have SPM software you can download file in your computer.
Posted By: SwedaGuy Re: Backing up a Legend R5 V10 - 11/20/08 03:40 PM
I got the gist of it, I was specifically wondering what the letters "CKE" stood for...not that it's a big deal.

I just picked up the SPM, cable and adapter, so I'll give it a shot. The reason I got to this is because I have an alarm light on now, but don't know how to turn it off...
Posted By: vad60 Re: Backing up a Legend R5 V10 - 11/21/08 05:10 AM
Use Maintenance, System, Error Logs for Permanent and Ancient errors and use your Drop button on 20L Console to clear Alarms.
Posted By: SwedaGuy Re: Backing up a Legend R5 V10 - 11/21/08 07:13 AM
The drop button! of course, that makes perfect sense...

Thank you for your assistance. The more I'm using the system, the more I'm warming up to it. It's scaled down a bit from what I had been working on before, but it's a nice system if you need some PBX features, but you don't warrant a Meridian 1 or something like it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help