atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: aplatt99 Oops...I messed up ( I think) - 12/08/08 07:10 AM
I was testing the voicemail broadcast feature for one of our huntgroups. Yep...It works just like it is supposed to. It copied 2 messages to all of the hunt group members. Consequently, their VOICEMAIL waiting LED is now RED on their phones. The problem is these are CSRs who do not have access to their voicemail boxes and absolutely freak out when something is different on their phone. Is there a way for me to clear each mailbox without accessing their voicemail boxes? I tried on one user to delete the WAV files in her mailbox, but that did not reset the LED. How else can I delete their voicemails without directly accessing the mailboxes? This forum has been a tremendous help to me and I appreciate your assistance
Posted By: aplatt99 Re: Oops...I messed up ( I think) - 12/08/08 07:11 AM
I guess it would help if you knew my phone system....It is an Avaya IP Office 406 running firmware version 4.2.
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: Oops...I messed up ( I think) - 12/08/08 07:40 AM
Good Morning.

Well, if you dont want to log into each mailbox, the only other way is to go into the VM directory in the avaya IP office folder (default is : C:\Program Files\Avaya\IP Office\Voicemail Pro\VM\Accounts)

Delete the .wav file from all the user folders that you left a message for.

Once done, you will need to stop and restart th 2 VM Pro services. That would clear the lights off all the phones that you just removed the wav files from.
Posted By: aplatt99 Re: Oops...I messed up ( I think) - 12/08/08 07:57 AM
Ahhh...So I have already deleted the WAV files from a few users. I just need to stop and restart the VM services. Thanks so much for you quick response
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help