atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: keithj Avaya/Lucent Partner 103G8(28) Upgrade - 07/02/09 06:42 AM
Good morning, everyone. I'm new here, obviously...so hello!

I've been assigned with looking into our current phone system and figuring out our options as it relates to our current phone system.

Our current phone system is the Lucent Partner ACS 103G8(28) R3.0.3 C01. Now, I've taken one telecom course back in college, but I do not have much of a clue on what my options are.

I've done a little reading around here and I've seen I can possibly upgrade the processor and add a card/module?

As it stands right now with our current system, we can have (and we do have) 3 telephone lines with 8 extensions.

We would like to have at least 11 extensions, possibly 15 at most. I don't foresee us ever going past that 15 mark.

As far as I know our system works fine, so if we could just upgrade it to keep costs low, that would be fantastic.

Here's a direct link to the system in questions:

https://imgur.com/WMxN6.jpg
Posted By: dexman Re: Avaya/Lucent Partner 103G8(28) Upgrade - 07/02/09 07:20 AM
By adding a 308EC module (and a 2 module carrier), you can expand the system to 6 lines & 16 extensions.

Avaya does offer a 12 port expansion module, but your processor would need to be an R5 or newer to use it.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Avaya/Lucent Partner 103G8(28) Upgrade - 07/02/09 07:21 AM
You will have to get a 5 or 2 slot cabinet (I suggest 5 just in case you do grow and they run cooler)
You can upgrade it to R6 but it will still be an old possessor, so I would just go ahead and grab a R8 and a 308ec and be done with it, that would give you 8 lines and 17 stations which from your post should cover you for a long time with growth if needed.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Avaya/Lucent Partner 103G8(28) Upgrade - 07/02/09 08:13 AM
like Russ said I would go with the 5 slot carrier

you could get by with a 308 and the carrier and replace the processor later but if the $$$ are there the rel 8 processor is a good suggestion

be sure to put a UPS and some lighting protection in (if you don't have it now )

BTW welcome
Posted By: MrGemini Re: Avaya/Lucent Partner 103G8(28) Upgrade - 07/02/09 08:53 AM
Don't forget your voicemail.
It looks like the one you have is the "small".
Will you need to have voicemail on these new extensions? You could get the large card which would give you 16 mail boxes or you could go into the Partner messaging.
----------------------------
MrG
Posted By: KENB Re: Avaya/Lucent Partner 103G8(28) Upgrade - 07/02/09 09:15 AM
Before you unplug the control unit,change the batteries ,they are 2 AAA located behind the small door with black latch below the bottom station.

They are replaced with the power ON.
Posted By: keithj Re: Avaya/Lucent Partner 103G8(28) Upgrade - 07/07/09 05:52 AM
Thanks for all of your help, gentlemen.

I've got a couple of contractor's coming in within the next couple weeks and I'll bring up these options to them along with the suggestions they'll no doubt have about upgrading our system entirely.

I'll keep you all posted.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help