atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: keytel Magix extension ringing Question. - 08/31/09 03:14 PM
Hi All,

Magix is not my forte, so hopefully I can explain my problem properly.
I just replaced an old Amanda voicemail with a Merlin Messaging unit and managed to muddle through with some help from this website!
I was also asked to install a new extension 27 which I did however I cannot get the phone to ring on incoming calls. Could somebody please point me in the right direction? I have scoured the manual but it is not jumping out at me.
There are a few mitigating circumstances which may be relevant.
1. The phone is a basic lcd model(don't know part #) but the only button pertaining to outside lines is a pool button.(70?)
2. When I installed ext 27, I physically connected the wires to ext 11 on the punchdown block which indicates to me that there was some kind of renumbering done in the past.
3. In central telephone programming I think I set the lines to immediate ring but made no difference.

Hope this is useful information and your time is much appreciated.

Paul
Posted By: vance Re: Magix extension ringing Question. - 08/31/09 04:21 PM
Only 7 Telephones can ring when Pooled.. How many telephones Currently Ring ? If You have 6 , program a Cover Button ( Cover Ext 10 Console)
Posted By: keytel Re: Magix extension ringing Question. - 08/31/09 05:02 PM
Very enlightening fact, thank you Vance.
What area of programming would I look into to see which phones are assigned to ring for this pool?
Does the cover button just allow you to pick up calls ringing at ext 10 or will it ring also?
Based on your post I assume it is a pick up btn only.

Thanks for your time,

Paul
Posted By: vance Re: Magix extension ringing Question. - 08/31/09 05:33 PM
Paul,
To see the Extensions Programmed You would need a laptop and SPM ( Print Extensions) You can't do this on the Console.. Programming the Cover Button. Go to the extension,press Menu program Button and choose from the list " Cover Int. the Ext #10, Select a Button)When the Incoming calls Ring the Console.. So will the Covered Extensions Hope this Helps
If You are Over 7 .. It won't work Good Luck

Vance
PS Maybe The Moderators have a Better Solution
There is no limitation on the number of extensions that can ring on a Pool button. There is a limit of 64 extensions that can have a button for a particular pool.

Make sure the phone is the extension number that you think it is. Press SPKR, dial #00, the display will show you the extension number. Press SPKR again to exit.

You can program the ringing at the telephone itself. Press SPKR, dial #00, press the pool button. The display will show Pool XX-M, where XX is the pool number (probably 70), and M is the ringing Mode, where I is Immediate, D is Delayed, and N is No Ring. To change it, dial *37 for Immediate, *36 for Delayed, or *35 for No Ring.

Make sure the ringer volume is turned up, and possibly turn Abbreviated Ring OFF, so if the phone is off hook, and another call rings in, the phone will ring more than once to alert you of the incoming call.
Posted By: vance Re: Magix extension ringing Question. - 08/31/09 05:41 PM
I Stand Corrected
Vance, you're probably thinking of the 8 extension limit on Primary and Secondary Coverage buttons!
Posted By: keytel Re: Magix extension ringing Question. - 09/01/09 06:43 AM
Much Appreciated Gentlemen,

Quick, concise and to the point responses.
I will go back to the site this morning to resolve the problem armed with the knowledge I have been given. Will keep you posted.
Once again, thanks for your time.

Paul
Posted By: keytel Re: Magix extension ringing Question. - 09/04/09 04:58 AM
That worked out, Thank you gentlemen.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help