atcomsystems.ca/forum
This may be an easy one. My office manager spilled something on the jack to her BIS 22 (plugged into station 10 on the first of two station modules). Her phone had no power. Swapped phone to my jack and it worked. Plugged my phone into her jack and it had no power. I switched her line to another jack on the station module (mine) and it worked- I plugged mine into a jack on the station module that had been configured previously for no outgoing calls and tried to change the configuration from the office manager's BIS 22 but it won't go into admin mode. Does station 10 (first jack on the station module) need to be used for administration? None of the other phones can enter admin mode either. My phone can receive calls,page etc. but cannot make outgoing calls.Can I switch the two station modules and plug the wires back in the same relative positions-not using the top-most jack which used to be 10? I assume that I would have to switch off the power to do this and I don't want to lose the programming for the whole system.
Thanks for any help-Brian
When you plug a phone into the equipment jack at the system jack on ext. 10 does it work? Sounds like you may have a shorted jack due to whatever was spilled on it. If it works at the phone equipment replace the jack at the station end.
justbill- nope- if I plug a phone directly into the station board it doesn't work. I plugged the board end into another jack on the board and it works- just can't enter admin mode. And the call apperance/feature buttons on the BIS 22 are gone-these must be assigned to the specific station jack right?--Thanks for your help
If you pluged the phone into jack 10 on the merlin system and the phone does not work right at the switch then you have a bad port at ext 10.
Only ext 10 can be used for administration. Yes, you can swap cards. Power down the system first. Will it lose programming? Not if the memory backup battery is still good. Has it been powered down before without problems?

-Hal
Ext 10 is the programming port on that system

looks like you need to replace 10 sta board or live with what ever is progammed on a good jack.
You do have a problem...if the backup battery is
old, it will not keep the memory intact when you
replace the sta card that you get from ebay. Now
would be a good time to see if your BK UP batt
is good.They have a shelf life of about 5 to 6 yrs. You will need to replace the sta card to reprogram anyway.
Thanks for your quick replies. Dvader- I have two station cards, the one in the second position is not filled so I can swap the position of the two and not use the top jack.
Hal- the system hasn't been intentionally powered down in YEARS! But we have had occasional power-outages and haven't had to reprogram anything. I can't remember when the power outages have lasted more than a few seconds- long enough to shutdown our air compressors and machinery. Can the battery be replaced before I shut it down? I would hate to reprogram this thing.
The battery is not user replaceable. It's not even something that you can get at without removing the processor and disassembling it on a repair bench. The procedure for a dead battery is to replace at least the processor and reprogram. Normally that would be the time to upgrade to a Partner

-Hal
Thanks Hal- I found an unused station that allowed outside calls and plugged my line into it. We should be all set until we need to change the program. Or the power goes out. I believe the same battery is in there since installation ~1989?? We have plans to upgrade the whole system "soon" but until then,I'll make do.
Thanks for everyone's help.
Brian
That would be the original battery unless the system was serviced since then and the processor replaced.

-Hal
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help