atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ToddG partner messaging R7 stops working - 10/26/09 07:15 PM
I have a Partner Messaging module R7 that is sitting in between an ACS 308 expansion card on the left and an ACS processor on the right, all housed in a 5 slot carrier. The R7 properly powers up and I get green lights across the board, then after 10-30 min the R7 light goes yellow, causing the two lights on the ACS cards to go from solid green to flickering green. This also causes all of the phones to shut down and have no display. I have tried re-seating all three of the cards in the 5 slot carrier, but to no avail. Any idea what might be going on here? Thanks!
Posted By: mdaniel Re: partner messaging R7 stops working - 10/26/09 07:43 PM
Have you tried taking the PM out and see if the rest of the system works OK?
Posted By: ToddG Re: partner messaging R7 stops working - 10/26/09 07:52 PM
Sorry the phone rang and I forgot to finish my thread before posting. I removed the PM and left the system running with just the two ACS cards, and the system ran fine. After leaving the customer site, I also tried powering up a different ACS processor in a different 5 slot carrier with the PM (this time in the far left slot because I didn't have another ACS expansion module), and both cards ran fine, with phones plugged in. I was even able to access the PM, which retained the password I had changed prior to its losing power. I am thinking of trying to use the new 5 slot carrier when I go back. Thoughts?
Posted By: hbiss Re: partner messaging R7 stops working - 10/26/09 11:00 PM
The PM is on the way out unless you can blame it on high temperatures.

The carriers never go bad.

-Hal
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: partner messaging R7 stops working - 10/27/09 04:22 AM
When PM hard drives start to go you get all sorts of strange problems. Hal is correct the PM is on its way out.
Posted By: MP Telecom Re: partner messaging R7 stops working - 11/05/09 11:36 AM
If I'm not mistaken the PM card must be the last card to the left of all cards in the system
Posted By: mdaniel Re: partner messaging R7 stops working - 11/05/09 12:47 PM
Originally posted by MP Telecom:
If I'm not mistaken the PM card must be the last card to the left of all cards in the system
You can use a PM in any slot you want in a 5-slot carrier except the center one that is where the processor goes only. We always put the PM in the last available slot, can be 1,2,3,or 4.
Posted By: hbiss Re: partner messaging R7 stops working - 11/05/09 01:06 PM
We always put the PM in the last available slot, can be 1,2,3,or 4.

Reason being is so you don't have a hole in your extension numbering plan. It will work in any slot though I doubt that you will get it to fit in the center and the processor anywhere else without a hammer. Matter of fact it is a habit of mine to put any 200 and 400 mods after the messaging because there used to be an issue with older systems.

-Hal
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help