atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Wellco Magix..New PRI Vendor - 11/16/09 09:40 AM
Have a Magix that the PRI was just switched to a new service providor..everything works fine..except ( the ole except) Now they must dial 10 digits for a local call..instead of the old 7 digits..Carrier say's their equipment shows it coming to them as a "national" call and should show as "unknown". Don't know of anyway to change that in a Magix..is there a way to insert the area code for the local Nxx so all they have to do is dial the 7 digits..I know I can do it in other switches but not sure about Magix..looking thru docs and a little fuzzy...(normal state)!!
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.....

...bob...
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Magix..New PRI Vendor - 11/16/09 01:39 PM
You could do it through the ARS tables. Do a print of them in WinSPM, then look at table 26, the default local table. Add the local area code to the "other digits". You do that through Tables, ARS, Sub-A digits, 261 (for Table 26, Route 1)
Posted By: Wellco Re: Magix..New PRI Vendor - 11/16/09 01:42 PM
Tommy...I was just reading about that before I came to check on my post !! That will work just fine I think..Thanks for the response. I will give it a shot.

...bob...
Posted By: Wellco Re: Magix..New PRI Vendor - 11/17/09 08:52 AM
Tommy...well, that did the trick !! but caused an additional problem...here in MN we have basically 3 local area codes..so now since I put the (612) in the ARS they can't dial 763,952 calls which are local 10 digit calls...grrrr Back to the drawing board.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Magix..New PRI Vendor - 11/17/09 09:22 AM
You will need to make additional tables, with the prefixes that go with the area codes. You can have up to 100 prefixes in a table.
Posted By: Wellco Re: Magix..New PRI Vendor - 11/17/09 12:38 PM
So I am guessing that would be like 262 263 etc?
Sounds like a good time will be had by all...Thanks for your help TTT

...bob...
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help